Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,627 Posts
Summer ends in 3 days. Will VWoA communicate anything regarding the promised Summer 2022 update to us USA owners by then?

@Nai3t has bet on yes before, are you "sweating" that bet yet?
No. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. 🤪 We'll get an update when we get it. Disappointed, I suppose, but not surprised at this point... and the car is puttering along just fine.

·
172 Posts
Summer ends in 3 days. Will VWoA communicate anything regarding the promised Summer 2022 update to us USA owners by then?

@Nai3t has bet on yes before, are you "sweating" that bet yet?
I got a twitter response from @VW this afternoon. Very bland and non-informative:

Thanks for reaching back out James. VW will announce region-relevant product communications and further detail about ID. Software via the US Media Site and/or the US-Newsroom when available.

-C.G

·
1,525 Posts
I got a twitter response from @VW this afternoon. Very bland and non-informative:

Thanks for reaching back out James. VW will announce region-relevant product communications and further detail about ID. Software via the US Media Site and/or the US-Newsroom when available.

-C.G
At least they’re not ignoring you :)

·
4,627 Posts
VW will announce region-relevant product communications and further detail about ID. Software via the US Media Site and/or the US-Newsroom when available.

==

"You'll get it when we give it to you."

·
172 Posts
Another DM from @VW -

I appreciate you for taking the time to submit your findings to multiple sources, here and with the NHTSA. While I'm unable to assist further at this time, I thank you for the opportunity to see to these concerns regarding your software issue.

-MS

PS- it is officially the end of Summer 2022.

·
4,627 Posts
I've been waiting for Alex's video and am glad it's somebody with his influence and reach making it. While I agree with his list for the most part (I don't have the screen blanking issues, Android Auto connection issue, nor any real connectivity issues with my VW), I come up short of any of this making me dislike the vehicle.

But the fact that he's been snubbed by VW – well, that's hard to get over, and I think would definitely sour my attitude towards the product given how he started out in their good graces.

I wish VW would get their head out of their rear and realize what could be accomplished if they'd acknowledge their shortcomings, and communicate with the customer. That lack of communication is for sure my biggest complaint with ID.4 ownership.

·
172 Posts
I've been waiting for Alex's video and am glad it's somebody with his influence and reach making it. While I agree with his list for the most part (I don't have the screen blanking issues, Android Auto connection issue, nor any real connectivity issues with my VW), I come up short of any of this making me dislike the vehicle.

But the fact that he's been snubbed by VW – well, that's hard to get over, and I think would definitely sour my attitude towards the product given how he started out in their good graces.

I wish VW would get their head out of their rear and realize what could be accomplished if they'd acknowledge their shortcomings, and communicate with the customer. That lack of communication is for sure my biggest complaint with ID.4 ownership.
So, do you think VW will respond this time? Maybe a survey would be in order. How many owners feel ignored by VW?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
Easier to count owners who don't feel ignored by VW. Any? :(

To be fair my salesman has kept in quarterly contact, but just about local EVSE infrastructure improvements and new ID.4 availability. No insight on s/w updates.
So, do you think VW will respond this time? Maybe a survey would be in order. How many owners feel ignored by VW?

·
1,484 Posts
Easier to count owners who don't feel ignored by VW. Any? :(

To be fair my salesman has kept in quarterly contact, but just about local EVSE infrastructure improvements and new ID.4 availability. No insight on s/w updates.
I get regular emails from them and from the dealer. Just nothing particular about updating the car. But then again I don’t have any issues with my car, they never promised me anything re updates, and I’m happy with my car as-is, so feeling “ignored” regarding updates isn‘t really on my radar. I just feel sorry for the folks with issues who can‘t get VW to address these issues or to provide more info about fixes, because I see VW being given the opportunity to treat customers right, and they keep stumbling. If I were experiencing issues, I’d want them addressed, pronto, and would probably feel ignored if they weren’t.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,144 Posts

The major fault I see is lack of communications. But then again, when they try and communicate, people take their statements quite literally, when they might not have been intended that way, and then people accuse them of lying.

The endless delays in actual updates seem to be more technical in nature, and mostly related to deployment problems. The reports I have seen suggest that the issues relate to modules that on the surface seem identical, but some take an update without a problem, and on others the update fails.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
Cost saving outsourced build-to-spec modules that aren’t exactly the same is a definite possibility. Any module these days are sum of the parts with varying range of meeting spec component goodness.

Case in point the varying dB levels of our pedestrian warning systems (mine relatively quiet with @ChristophW ‘s loud).
The major fault I see is lack of communications. But then again, when they try and communicate, people take their statements quite literally, when they might not have been intended that way, and then people accuse them of lying.

The endless delays in actual updates seem to be more technical in nature, and mostly related to deployment problems. The reports I have seen suggest that the issues relate to modules that on the surface seem identical, but some take an update without a problem, and on others the update fails.

·
1,484 Posts
Case in point the varying dB levels of our pedestrian warning systems (mine relatively quiet with @ChristophW ‘s loud).
And mine loud but not loud enough for me 🤓. I’m still waiting for my software update to make it even louder, but I’m beginning to think that VW just doesn’t care about what I want. Maybe I should talk to a lawyer.

·
9 Posts
When they announced an update was coming this summer where we not supposed to take that as literally a timeline?

·
172 Posts
It is just really annoying that they can not spare a few lines of communications to US owners on why they can not update the cars they sold. Yes they need to be transparent and mean what they say or we will be upset. But this current Image campaign on Twitter and Facebook is just annoying since they won't address a real concern of owners and insist on blowing smoke and adjusting mirrors.

My concern is that they are not ever going to update these cars unless they are dragged back into court like the Diesel gate thing.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts