Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

1st Edition - Arriving in US
Discussion Starter #1
They finally updated the "Your Configuration " page from early prototype to production car images. Their image server appears to be on dail-up at the moment, but we can give them a "at least you tried" award. ;)

Also, seems the specs are more complete/updated.

ID.4 1st White - order 9/23 step 5/7
The images certainly did load slowly...

On my FE, the colors seem to be missing for both Exterior and Interior - do you see anywhere where your selected colors show?

Discussion Starter #3
The images certainly did load slowly...

On my FE, the colors seem to be missing for both Exterior and Interior - do you see anywhere where your selected colors show?
I haven't seen exterior and interior colors stated (or images displayed) with the reservation.

Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
I don鈥檛 think we can look at the updated site for its content yet. I am hopeful that it is an indicator that progress is happening.

They finally updated the "Your Configuration " page from early prototype to production car images. Their image server appears to be on dail-up at the moment, but we can give them a "at least you tried" award. ;)

That is a very welcome development. It's difficult to communicate ideas like style and color with blue, purple and chartreuse images from a light show.

I just checked; my First Edition interior and exterior shots looks to be the Pro trim. No white steering wheel/dash or "1st" badging on the exterior.

I'm not seeing anything different, except that it now shows the wrong price. Where are these changes?

Discussion Starter #8
I'm not seeing anything different, except that it now shows the wrong price. Where are these changes?
The images on the configuration pages were previously ID.Crozz prototype images.

New desktop picture (technology) :)

Although, now that I am looking at it, I wish it had the white wheel and display boxes, so I can see if I can train my brain to like them.

Or, give us a U.S. 1st Max! (if U.S., the pic is probably some ProS variant)

Hopefully this is a sign that they鈥檒l soon update the configurator with images that match your color and trim level selections. It鈥檚 crazy they launched in September and still haven鈥檛 updated the stock photos. I鈥檇 like to see high res exterior and interior pics of what my car will actually look like before locking in. Tesla, Volvo, and Ford all offer it for their EVs. I shot an email to Dustin Krause with VWoA and he said they鈥檙e working on it. It may help if others make a similar request.

New desktop picture (technology) :)
I wish it had the white wheel and display boxes, so I can see if I can train my brain to like them.
Me, too. I made the white bezel mistake on an iPhone and my brain could never get over the distraction from white around a dark screen. Maybe the lighter interior will make it work.

VW e-Golf & ID.4 Pro
VW needs to let customers know the interior panel insert options for both Lunar Gray and Galaxy Black. Will there be an option to remove the brown inserts and just do a black interior, or at least give customers the choice?

Although, now that I am looking at it, I wish it had the white wheel and display boxes, so I can see if I can train my brain to like them.
FYI - if you have the 1st Edition locked you can go to the MyVW page and scroll down to see the actual interior with the white accents(don't click view my configuration).
It's a full panoramic image thingy.

2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
FYI - if you have the 1st Edition locked you can go to the MyVW page and scroll down to see the actual interior with the white accents(don't click view my configuration).
It's a full panoramic image thingy.
I wish they had it with the black seats. They show Lunar Gray in those shots.

I wish they had it with the black seats. They show Lunar Gray in those shots.
I had the say issues with understanding what the interior would look like, Here are some pics of the Lunar Gray seat, and the grey dash the VW customer service sent me. It is from a b-roll video that is on the VW media site.

Attachments

Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition arrived port-USA
I thought the US 1st Edition had black seats? I'm ok with lunar gray tho'.

2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
I thought the US 1st Edition had black seats? I'm ok with lunar gray tho'.
The Dusk Blue 1st only has Galaxy Black seating. The Glacier White 1st exterior is offered with Lunar Gray or Galaxy Black seating. Think the Black exterior only gets black interior like the blue.

Yes, Mythos Black gets the Galaxy Black seats, which look dark gray. I couldn鈥檛 find a place on the VW site that showed what the interior for the black FE looked like. Customer service had the take screen shots of the interior video.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts