Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting PPF for their ID.4? I'm considering it for the frontend and hood.

I plan to keep the car for a long, long time.
There is a LOT of paint on the front of this thing and I can be a rock chip magnet.

Might get away with skipping the hood given how it is positioned back more than usual.

If you've done it, please share pics!

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
I have PPF on one of my vehicles and it’s been amazing. It was the first time I had PPF installed and I won’t not do it again for any vehicle I plan to keep for a long time. I do plan to have PPF installed on my AWD ID.4 when it eventually arrives.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
In most USA locales "dealer installed" is actually a 3rd party who does a number of brands. Same for wheel repair btw.
I've had good luck with 3M PPF on other vehicles. Haven't yet decided on this one.
How much does something like this usually cost? What is better: dealer installed or local business?

·
89 Posts
I had Xpel installed in the full front of the car (hood, bumper, lights and everything up to the doors). It came out great you really can't tell it's there. Ran about 2,000 for a full front which seems to be on par with everywhere else

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
I highly recommend a high-quality PPF. Some folks do the whole car, but I don't know that that's really necessary. I have PPF (Xpel Ultimate) on the front bumper/hood/fenders/mirrors on one of my cars and the PPF has been great. Even saved the front bumper from a scrape from a careless driver in a parking lot.

As for whether to get it from the dealer or a 3rd party, find out who your dealer uses, first. Chances are, they're using a 3rd party anyway. So long as that 3rd party is a certified installer for the brand PPF you're having installed, nothing wrong with going through the dealer. Otherwise, find the brand you want and check out their website for a local certified installer of their product(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts