Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the feature list, "Park Distance Control, front and rear" is standard on all models. I know this is not an autonomous self-parking device, nor is it camera-based. Does anyone know what form of information is presented to the driver? Does it use audible beeps like sonar? Is there any type of image shown on the screen? This technology has been around for a long time, but I've never used it, so I don't know how helpful it will be. My Chevy Bolt had a 360 degree camera (AKA bird's eye view), which was great for parking. I was disappointed that a 360 degree camera didn't make it into the feature set.

·
50 Posts
According to the feature list, "Park Distance Control, front and rear" is standard on all models. I know this is not an autonomous self-parking device, nor is it camera-based. Does anyone know what form of information is presented to the driver? Does it use audible beeps like sonar? Is there any type of image shown on the screen?
This blurb from the ID.3 manual (link) gives some insight...with assumption it's same on US ID.4s. It shows rear traffic alert display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts