Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I approach a certain location (Belle Hall Shopping Center on Long Point Rd in Mt Pleasant, SC), I get an audible warning saying “limited access ahead”. Doesn’t matter which direction I approachthe location, I get the same warning. Nothing shows up on the infotainment system. Just the audible warning. Not causing problems but I am curious if anyone else gets this and why so? Thank you in advance. And suggestions referencing the Matrix will be considered.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Not specific to the ID.4, but I get that with some GPS programs for my neighborhood for some reason. Maybe there’s a nav setting to turn that off, so it’s not announcing when you’re entering limited access roads?

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
Ha, I get this every day when I cross through the last intersection before arriving at work. I don't even need to have anything routed in the nav system.

·
167 Posts
My ID4 isn't here yet, but I do have a 2018 Tiguan with nav. I'm wondering if this is the same "warning" I recently got while on vacation. We stayed at one of the coastal islands in the Carolinas. It was a privately owned place and our nav would warn us that we were approaching a private location with limited access, though I forget the exact phrasing. However, it was only a voice notice. Nothing similar showed up on the map screen.

·
68 Posts
I got this warning when I approach the end of the street to where it turns to left/right turns only. It warns abt 2 blocks away as I drive towards it. That's the only scenario I can think of as to why it sounds off.

·
77 Posts
I get this warning every time that I drive home. I also get toll booth ahead warnings when ever I go near the Florida Turnpike. I am starting to get annoyed that I get the limited access warning 2-3 times every time I drive home. Has anyone found a way to turn these off ?

·
213 Posts
I get this warning every time that I drive home. I also get toll booth ahead warnings when ever I go near the Florida Turnpike. I am starting to get annoyed that I get the limited access warning 2-3 times every time I drive home. Has anyone found a way to turn these off ?
Is there a possibility that you have the setting to avoid toll roads switched on? Also, the other one Avoid routes with seasonal/limited access?

Navigation screen->Settings Gear (lower right)->Route Guidance->Several Option toggles

·
77 Posts
Is there a possibility that you have the setting to avoid toll roads switched on? Or, maybe "Avoid highways"? And, the other one Avoid routes with seasonal/limited access?

Navigation screen->Settings Gear (lower right)->Route Guidance->Several Option toggles

Nope I’ve checked that a number of times. The biggest annoyance is the limited access road ahead warning since apparently I live on a limited access road

·
215 Posts
Nope I’ve checked that a number of times. The biggest annoyance is the limited access road ahead warning since apparently I live on a limited access road
you can turn the voice guidance off in navigation and it wont trouble you anymore.

·
77 Posts
Is there a possibility that you have the setting to avoid toll roads switched on? Also, the other one Avoid routes with seasonal/limited access?

I even get these warning when I am using Apple Maps navigation or not using any navigation at all.

·
77 Posts
you can turn the voice guidance off in navigation and it wont trouble you anymore.
I think that would probably work. It would get annoying to constantly have to turn on and off the voice if I actually need to use the Navi system to get some where. I know 1st world problems. 😁

·
77 Posts
Agree. I always use google maps and so am ok with it. The built in NAV is shite
I mostly use Apple Maps, but I sometimes like to play with the ID light and I just think the turn indicator looks cool, especially at night. It would be great if it would work with apple and google maps

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
67 Posts
I get this warning all the time and without fail at the same locations. With our without active navigation. It's annoying to say the least when in reality access is not limited. I never got this on my 2018 Tiguan but I did get another warning for an Arteon loaner I had for a week... it would constantly ask to insert my toll card... wtf is that about?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts