Volkswagen ID Forum banner

What is your interest in the ID.4 GTX?

• Made a reservation for the ID.4 Pro AWD and would be willing to wait another 6 months for the GTX

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Made a reservation for the ID.4 Pro AWD and would be willing to wait another 12 months for the GTX

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Made a reservation for the ID.4 Pro S AWD and would be willing to wait another 6 months for the GTX

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Made a reservation for the ID.4 Pro S AWD and would be willing to wait another 12 months for the GTX

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Currently do not have a ID.4 reservation only interested in the GTX and willing to wait another year

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Currently do not have a ID.4 reservation only interested in the GTX and willing to wait 2 more year

Votes: 1 5.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on reaching out to VW's eMobility group as well as posting the request for the GTX on VW's Voices Wanted forum.

Wanted to wait to get some answers with regards to my posted poll. If we get a large enough sample size showing interest from both reservation holders and people interested in the GTX maybe there is a chance the GTX will be delivered to the US.

I figured that 6 options was a good starting point. If people want me to update the questions or add more I can do so.

Thank you.

Scott

·
9 Posts
Thanks, Scott. Count me in as one who favors the GTX package. I have an ID.4 AWD Pro S Gradient on reserve in black color, but I'd gladly give that up for the exact ID.4 GTX in the press photos.

·
33 Posts
If I get an ID.4, it would definitely be an AWD model since I live in New England.
Whether or not to get GTX would come down to cost...

However, the MSRP of the AWD Pro S ID.4 (non-gradient) comes in at $48,175, which is comfortably under the $49,999 max to qualify for the $2,500 Massachusetts EV tax rebate.

As long as the US pricing is similar for GTX, sure, I'd be interested in something a little more sporty, but if it's offered in addition for more money than the already announced AWD ID.4, that'd be a deal breaker for me, I'd stick with the less expensive option unless GTX was still under $50k AND offered better range.

·
9 Posts
I had been waiting for the GTX to make a reservation based on my understanding that it would be like a GTI or GLI (I’m a current GTI owner likely buying a new vehicle within 3 years). I mean I like the id4 enough that on paper I’d probably be happy with a regular American AWD model, but I’m really bummed about the styling on the GTX not being available. Enough that I’m even thinking maybe I should just go Model 3. I truthfully don’t need or really want a crossover. My interest in the id4/GTX is very much about brand loyalty. Its sportiness and lower height makes me willing to compromise and get a crossover when I’d prefer a sedan or wagon begin with. However, a crossover without the GTI influenced sportiness... not sure I can actually do that.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Where is the option "Made a reservation for the ID.4 Pro S AWD and prefer it over the GTX"?

·
32 Posts
Based on all that I have read, I find the GTX to be a slightly more aesthetically pleasing version of the regular ID.4, but nothing terribly impressive. It really doesn’t have enough differentiation from what we are supposed to get on the regular AWD.

In my opinion, they need to give the GTX another 75-80hp to really make it something worth getting excited over because as it stands now it mainly is just an appearance package. With that said, if they offered a GTX package in North America and it was only $1250-$1500 I could see the appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7 Posts
I was pretty impressed with the options available to me in the ID.4 Pro S AWD configurator. If I go for all available options, I get very close to what I have with my GTI Autobahn (especially DCC). I'm not spending this kind of money without the opportunity for a test drive, so I have not put in my reservation for anything. I much prefer the looks of the GTX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts