Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer picking up an AWD Pro S today and they had a RWD Pro there in Silver Mist Metallic. I took some photos and figured I'd share. To my knowledge, I haven't seen any real world photos posted here yet and I know some are interested in how the color looks.

·
51 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing. Were you by chance picking up a cancelled pure gray AWD Pro S? It may be the same one I turned down earlier this week, ha.

·
2022 ID4 Pro AWD
18 Posts
I hate to point out the elephant in the room but.... Is that rear bumper color match really that far off? I'm used to seeing a slight color mismatch between metal and plastic panels, I've noticed it on most cars that I have had but it usually doesn't bother me. This one seems really far off to me. I feel like I would have a hard time convincing someone that it wasn't in an accident when selling/trading it. Maybe its just the lighting?

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, thanks for sharing. Were you by chance picking up a cancelled pure gray AWD Pro S? It may be the same one I turned down earlier this week, ha.
Maybe? I was there picking up a pure gray AWD Pro S, but it was my understanding it was dealer stock, not a cancelled order. I first contacted them about it back on the 10th or 11th before they even had it, it got delivered on the14th, and I signed and put a deposit down on it on the 15th, so I hope they weren't trying to sell you the car earlier this week that they had already sold to me :p

I did see another pure gray AWD Pro S there, so maybe it was that one. I think that one was a 2XXX VIN and mine is a 4XXX VIN.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are 19" wheels right? The design looks like 21/22 Gradient wheels but in 19".... me like :love:
Yep, 19'' wheels and they did look great.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to point out the elephant in the room but.... Is that rear bumper color match really that far off? I'm used to seeing a slight color mismatch between metal and plastic panels, I've noticed it on most cars that I have had but it usually doesn't bother me. This one seems really far off to me. I feel like I would have a hard time convincing someone that it wasn't in an accident when selling/trading it. Maybe its just the lighting?
I'll say I didn't notice anything off about it in person. I'm still rocking an old iPhone 6S, so the camera is pretty crappy on it, so that may be some of it. Also, there were a few guys out there with it on the phone with VW corporate or something trying to figure out how they were going to deal with a quite obvious manufacturing issue on the car that was preventing them from selling the car to the order holder. I did ask them if it was okay if I took the pictures, but kind of felt out of place there as the conversation became spirited, so I quickly took the photos and moved on.

• Wow
Reactions: Mrau

·
51 Posts
Maybe? I was there picking up a pure gray AWD Pro S, but it was my understanding it was dealer stock, not a cancelled order. I first contacted them about it back on the 10th or 11th before they even had it, it got delivered on the14th, and I signed and put a deposit down on it on the 15th, so I hope they weren't trying to sell you the car earlier this week that they had already sold to me :p

I did see another pure gray AWD Pro S there, so maybe it was that one. I think that one was a 2XXX VIN and mine is a 4XXX VIN.
Oh it was probably the other one then. Did they add the window tinting and protection package or no? They did on the one they offered me, annoyingly.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They wanted to, but I refused the tint, and since they hadn't actually received the car yet, they relented on that. Still had to do the protection package though (basically a fancy wax and some 3M door guards), but we negotiated a higher price on the trade in which offset the cost of most of it. So I only ended up "overpaying" a couple hundred dollars, which was fine by me to get the car now :).

·
11 Posts
I'll say I didn't notice anything off about it in person. I'm still rocking an old iPhone 6S, so the camera is pretty crappy on it, so that may be some of it. Also, there were a few guys out there with it on the phone with VW corporate or something trying to figure out how they were going to deal with a quite obvious manufacturing issue on the car that was preventing them from selling the car to the order holder. I did ask them if it was okay if I took the pictures, but kind of felt out of place there as the conversation became spirited, so I quickly took the photos and moved on.
What was the "obvious" manufacturing issue??

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for being vague, at first I wasn't sure I wanted to mention it so as not to embarrass any of the parties involved, but I guess what the hell . . . The wheel on the front passenger side was a 20'' Pro S wheel instead of a 19'' Pro wheel like the other three. Somehow that made it through inspection or whatever they do at the factory and it arrived at the dealer like that. They were frustrated because the customer was of course expecting to take possession of the car, but they couldn't sell it to them like that, and they were trying to figure out how that happened and if and how quickly they could get a replacement wheel and tire. That's why the pictures I posted are only of the drivers side. I do have a picture of the other side with the mismatching wheel too, but not sure if I want to post that one.

·
11 Posts
Sorry for being vague, at first I wasn't sure I wanted to mention it so as not to embarrass any of the parties involved, but I guess what the hell . . . The wheel on the front passenger side was a 20'' Pro S wheel instead of a 19'' Pro wheel like the other three. Somehow that made it through inspection or whatever they do at the factory and it arrived at the dealer like that. They were frustrated because the customer was of course expecting to take possession of the car, but they couldn't sell it to them like that, and they were trying to figure out how that happened and if and how quickly they could get a replacement wheel and tire. That's why the pictures I posted are only of the drivers side. I do have a picture of the other side with the mismatching wheel too, but not sure if I want to post that one.
Thanks for the reply. Seems like an easy fix at least. Pep boys did the same thing the other day with my car - put mismatched tires on. Was a month before I noticed. I think the bigger issue for the Silver ID 4 was the mismatched bumper coloring. Looked very off.

·
1,470 Posts
Should have posted it and then see how long it took for someone here to notice.
QA is pretty tough here 😉.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
So somewhere out there sits a 2023 with three 20" wheels and one 19" wheel. Check you tires folks !! :)

Maybe good idea to post the photo you have. Sort of like a Lost & Found.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Okay okay, fine.

Edit: BTW, I definitely did check the wheels on my car to make sure they all matched before I drove off :D

Reactions: Stpinindy and Mrau

·
34 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the pictures 💓. I like the 20 inch style but give me 18 inch wheels please. If you snuck pictures of the interior, I'd love to see those also. Silver mist AWD pro order here.

·
2022 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD w/ Gradient
122 Posts
Okay okay, fine.

Edit: BTW, I definitely did check the wheels on my car to make sure they all matched before I drove off :D
Wow that's actually pretty funny! When I saw the picture I assumed you meant it was the same wheel design but just a 20" version instead of 19". That's the complete opposite wheel design entirely. That had to pass so many people that just weren't paying attention to get out the door! Lol.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks so much for posting the pictures 💓. I like the 20 inch style but give me 18 inch wheels please. If you snuck pictures of the interior, I'd love to see those also. Silver mist AWD pro order here.
Sorry, I only realized after the fact that I should have taken photos of the interior too, but I didn't think of it at the time. For one, there was a lot going on as I was picking up my own car and the salesperson was waiting on me, and for two, there were some other dealership people over by the silver car checking the wheel and having a discussion with someone on the phone (I'm assuming someone from VW) about how that could have happened, and how they were going to get a replacement so they could sell the car to the order holder. So I just quickly took the photos and jutted back over to where my own car was to finish that process.

Reactions: Stpinindy and Mrau

·
227 Posts
In june of 2021 I watched them unload a pros silver one ...I was riding my Goldwing so I gave them $500 deposit came back with friends and drove it home. Darken the windows put pin stripping on, installed my ham radio and added two horns. Oh google me

·
34 Posts
In june of 2021 I watched them unload a pros silver one ...I was riding my Goldwing so I gave them $500 deposit came back with friends and drove it home. Darken the windows put pin stripping on, installed my ham radio and added two horns. Oh google me
I'm thinking either pin striping or a mountain decal (multi color). Would love to see yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts