Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
1st max is only EU, it has everything, including a heat pump, and the augmented reality HUD! EU 1st has the white wheel like us, but not the 1st Max.

Random pic from the web of what I think is a 1st Max (not available in the U.S.)

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
213 Posts
The 1st Max also comes with a higher price tag.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This picture doesn't show a Heads Up Display which the Max editions all have.
I think the pic might be one of those pre-production 1st Max that we saw so many reviews of. Not sure if they had it in that 1st Max, possibly not (it would be far forward behind the steering wheel in that pic). I vaguely remember reviewers saying it was not in that pre-production demo. I've struggled a few times to find good pics of the HUD.

This is from the ID.4 Battery Life video on HUD, so I guess it is that open rectangle in the dash.

there are a few more now, getting closer to a good pic:

VOLKSWAGEN ID.3 AND ID.4 GET AUGMENTED REALITY HEAD-UP DISPLAYS

AR Head-up Display on VW ID.4

·
89 Posts
1st max is only EU, it has everything, including a heat pump, and the augmented reality HUD! EU 1st has the white wheel like us, but not the 1st Max.

Random pic from the web of what I think is a 1st Max (not available in the U.S.)
View attachment 1322
What a shame. Now that's a nice car through and through that I would not have hesitated to pay >$45K for.

·
27 Posts
In Europe both the 1st and 1st Max can get a white interior but with gray/braun seats. By default both trims are black but we can choose to get the white one.. This is a 0 € option. Only the Max have the heat pump.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
I would have preferred more options as well. But we have to remind ourselves that in the US at least VW wanted to hit/maintain a very attractive price point to counter alternatives and instill the EV "people's car" mindset, especially for those who had/well remember the Beetle. Of course Tesla has recently counter-countered with the Y RWD, so ....
A fully optioned AWD arriving US in the Fall approximates the 1st Max in terms of options. The US First Edition is a significant step down from the Euro 1st Max, but again a lot of bang for the buck.
So be it. I'm not asking for it to be cheap, just to have the option available.

·
163 Posts
I would have preferred more options as well. But we have to remind ourselves that in the US at least VW wanted to hit/maintain a very attractive price point to counter alternatives and instill the EV "people's car" mindset, especially for those who had/well remember the Beatle. Of course Tesla has recently counter-countered with the Y RWD, so ....
A fully optioned AWD arriving US in the Fall approximates the 1st Max in terms of options. The US First Edition is a significant step down from the Euro 1st Max, but again a lot of bang for the buck.
Speaking of the AWD version, VW's configurator now shows availability for the AWD version as "mid-2021". Maybe they're ramping up production faster than originally scheduled.

·
VW ID4 1st soon-to-be owner
3 Posts
In Europe both the 1st and 1st Max can get a white interior but with gray/braun seats. By default both trims are black but we can choose to get the white one.. This is a 0 € option. Only the Max have the heat pump.
Actually, the heat pump will be standard for some countries in Europe as an example the Nordic countries i.e. Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

·
52 Posts
especially for those who had/well remember the Beatle.
Beetle. The Beatles were a pop musical group, if my memory serves me well.

(I only corrected you because you corrected someone’s spelling of Worcester in another thread.)

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Can you get a regular ID.4 1st with a dark interior (not the max) in Europe, without the white steering wheel? I thought that most of the EU regular 1st reviews show the white steering wheel, even where the interior is dark (too some of us in the U.S. a minor problem/annoyance).

I am not even sure we entirely know what the U.S. ProS interior looks like now, which appears in some pictures or brochures to have some brown along the dash?

It is very difficult to sort out which interior VW ID.4 pictures go with what models and what regions.

·
27 Posts
Actually, the heat pump will be standard for some countries in Europe as an example the Nordic countries i.e. Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. I will recieve my ID4 1st in the end of february/beginning march.
I hopefully will get mine between mid march and lid April..

·
27 Posts
Can you get a regular ID.4 1st with a dark interior (not the max) in Europe, without the white steering wheel? I thought that most of the EU regular 1st reviews show the white steering wheel, even where the interior is dark (too some of us in the U.S. a minor problem/annoyance).

I am not even sure we entirely know what the U.S. ProS interior looks like now, which appears in some pictures or brochures to have some brown along the dash?

It is very difficult to sort out which interior VW ID.4 pictures go with what models and what regions.
Yes, in fact I ordered a 1st (not Max), Monaco Yellow with black interior.

Here is the exact configuration:

Attachments

·
Proud FE owner
949 Posts
Yes, brown on dash with stitching. The dusk blue metallic unit that was on dealer tour had this.

From VW US media site - exactly as I saw it on tour in Seattle:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts