Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Pictures of YOUR Id 4

8K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  2811 
#1 ·
I've made the decision that I will be getting one of these cars in the very near future. I'm going to be holding out for the AWD version to be available and I might even reserve one depending what I see here.

Couple questions:
1. What does the car actually look like in the different color options? The color on the website might not be representative of what it looks like in the wild.

2. Do you have to put the other $400 or is the $100 sufficient to lock in your order? It reads as if the $400 just allows you to track it but I don't know.

All responses appreciated! Google images has not been helpful, unfortunately. Too many show up that aren't available in the US so it's hard to tell what's what.

#3 ·
Thanks. It is nice to see the names of the colors along with the pictures. Google was not so helpful in that way and, with all the colors not offered in the US also showing up, sifting through all the junk information was a bit overwhelming.

I do think it would be nice to see all the colors along with their names in one thread so someone (🙋‍♂️) can see them side by side, more or less. It would help with the decision process. I'm torn between the gray and the black. We have only such basic color offerings here in the US!

#8 ·
Welcome! There are photo threads for each color of ID.4, which can be found at this link. Maybe the mod(s) can sticky them so that more owners post their pics there, @Huey52? :)

The $400 is required once you are notified that it is time to lock your order.
It does appear the red ID.4 is missing, though I haven't seen a red yet. Since it is only available on the Pro S trim with the Gradient package, I'm not sure if any have been shipped to the US yet.

#5 ·
We already have photo threads for each color. Take a look.

However as only 1st Editions (4 colors) and some demo's (mostly black) have yet been USA delivered, international photo's will have to do for the present.

I've made the decision that I will be getting one of these cars in the very near future. I'm going to be holding out for the AWD version to be available and I might even reserve one depending what I see here.

Couple questions:
1. What does the car actually look like in the different color options? The color on the website might not be representative of what it looks like in the wild.

2. Do you have to put the other $400 or is the $100 sufficient to lock in your order? It reads as if the $400 just allows you to track it but I don't know.

All responses appreciated! Google images has not been helpful, unfortunately. Too many show up that aren't available in the US so it's hard to tell what's what.

#6 ·
We already have photo threads for each color. Take a look.

However as only 1st Editions (4 colors) and some demo's (mostly black) have yet been USA delivered, international photo's will have to do for the present.
Thanks, but you and I have already discussed this here. I do, however, still believe it would be nice to have all colors captioned in a single thread rather than a cluster of threads for each color.

#10 ·
Thank you to those who posted pictures of their cars. It is greatly appreciated. Could I just ask that you caption the name of the color of your car? There are some colors that aren't available in all countries and the representation of the color on VW's website's configurator doesn't necessarily reflect well on the actual color of the car in the real world.

#20 ·
FE that someone else didn’t want....but it frees up the Pro/S I had ordered that is arriving at the dealer tomorrow for someone else!

Attachments

#23 ·
The free-of-charge moonstone grey is under-appreciated, in my opinion: it has a semi-mat finish and changes character depending on light conditions (seems almost glossy in cloudy weather and mat in sunny weather).

And it compliments the design very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.