Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you reserve does anyone know when we can "place our order"? Is this the point where we put down the additional $400 or the actual financing the vehicle part? Will we be contacted by email to do this?

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just saw financing is done later, but I am still confused when we "place your order" and put down the $400.

·
176 Posts
Once you reserve does anyone know when we can "place our order"? Is this the point where we put down the additional $400 or the actual financing the vehicle part? Will we be contacted by email to do this?
My dealer just called back (I think I finally found a good dealer!). It is the same as the FAQ on the myVW site, next we will receive an email inviting us to make the $400 payment. If we do not reply or login to the myVW page, we will receive a reminder email. If we miss the reminder, we lose the reservation.

I vaguely remember seeing a comment that the $400 payment would be later, about "half way" between reservation and delivery. So, while my dealer said any day, I suspect it might be weeks to the next email.

As best as I far as I can tell, our order was set at time of reservation, so short of some weeks delay in any given step, I think (?) our priority was set by the order of our reservations.

Now we just wait (terrible patience here as well). If you think of it, post when you get the invitation for the $400 payment, so we can all look out for it, including double checking the spam folders!

·
26 Posts
So what if... you're at the front of the line and you get an email to order + $400 and you're not ready to order yet (still have lease, waiting on... whatever), do you lose the entire reservation, go to the back of the line.... Just curious. Probably too early to know.

I can say this: If my VW dealer asks for more than MSRP, I'm looking elsewhere, or cancelling all together. When supply starts to outstrip demand, then maybe I'll approach them again.

·
176 Posts
The $400 is still refundable, so (after confirming refundable with your dealership), just keep going, if you want. Not sure how late payment terms can be done, possibly as late as delivery. I doubt they would have any trouble selling the refused units, given the popularity of the 1st (despite the white steering wheel!).

The configuration is locked as of the $400 payment, but I am not sure that has any meaning for us 1st reservations, I do not think we get any options to choose from?

oh, BTW, my dealer was pretty certain this will be a lease with a no penalty early buyout option!

·
26 Posts
The $400 is still refundable, so (after confirming refundable with your dealership), just keep going, if you want. Not sure how late payment terms can be done, possibly as late as delivery. I doubt they would have any trouble selling the refused units, given the popularity of the 1st (despite the white steering wheel!).

The configuration is locked as of the $400 payment, but I am not sure that has any meaning for us 1st reservations, I do not think we get any options to choose from?

oh, BTW, my dealer was pretty certain this will be a lease with a no penalty early buyout option!
Sounds reasonable. I reserved the Pro knowing I wouldn't be ready for the 1st Edition in time. I just wish we could get the Pro Performance (or whatever the name is) like they have in Europe.

·
176 Posts
VW customer service says we should get the next email for "place your order" in about a week or less. Low emission states will receive the first delivered ID.4, customers in about the order by time of reservation. Sounds like non-ZEV states follow, probably/possibly with some overlap, and then in their order by reservation (a guess).

I think the low emission states "ZEV" (zero emissions) are California, Washington, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont

·
75 Posts
There's a thread here on how the whole process works

·
26 Posts
VW customer service says we should get the next email for "place your order" in about a week or less. Low emission states will receive the first delivered ID.4, customers in about the order by time of reservation. Sounds like non-ZEV states follow, probably/possibly with some overlap, and then in their order by reservation (a guess).

I think the low emission states "ZEV" (zero emissions) are California, Washington, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont
Texas is probably way down the list ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts