Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
566 Posts
Put down a deposit for a VW ID.4 Pro S. Expected in 8 to 9 weeks. Already have a 50 amp Level 2 outlet in my garage. Shopping for a 40-50 amp EV charger. Now I have to find buyer for my 2019 Hyundai Ioniq limited Ultimate in the next 9 weeks!
What state are you from? There might be programs from your electrical service provider that will pay for part of the price of your EVSE.

Crazy that your order today and you only have to way till later part of May.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What state are you from? There might be programs from your electrical service provider that will pay for part of the price of your EVSE.

Crazy that your order today and you only have to way till later part of May.
I live in Arkansas, but already have the 14-50 installed in my garage. Would be nice though if my electric provider helped offset the cost of the 40 amp charger. But, I doubt it. It is a Co-op and they don't offer anything but higher rates! They do not even buy back solar energy. Arkansas does not offer and tax rebates on EV either. They even charge EV owners $200 a year when you get your tags renewed. A real rip off! Here is a photo of the 240 v. outlet in my garage. It is actually wired for a 14-60 to use a 50 amp charger, but I will most likely purchase a 40 amp unit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
1,051 Posts
Hmm, if it’s your own home I’d seriously consider hardwiring a 48A unit into that box. Future proof that thing.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, if it’s your own home I’d seriously consider hardwiring a 48A unit into that box. Future proof that thing.
With a 40 amp charger I will have 9.7 KW going into the vehicle. A 48 amp charger will only raise that to 11 KW. The price really jumps for a 48 amp unit though. Anyway, six miles from me is an Electrify America high speed charging station at Walmart. So I can charge for free while groc. shopping.

·
566 Posts
You are not from Bentonville are you (kind of joking)?

BTW I have the ChargePoint Home Flex Charger (goes up to 50 amps). I purchased it last year for my e-Golf. My electrical service provider has a program that if you sign up they can control how much power can go yo your unit if electricity demand is high. Over the next few years they will pay for nearly have the price of the charger. Out electrical rates are on the high side however.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are not from Bentonville are you (kind of joking)?

BTW I have the ChargePoint Home Flex Charger (goes up to 50 amps). I purchased it last year for my e-Golf. My electrical service provider has a program that if you sign up they can control how much power can go yo your unit if electricity demand is high. Over the next few years they will pay for nearly have the price of the charger. Out electrical rates are on the high side however.
I live in the Clarksville, AR area. Outside of town about 6 miles. I will check with my power provider to see if they have any program like that.

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in the Clarksville, AR area. Outside of town about 6 miles. I will check with my power provider to see if they have any program like that.
Checked with my power provider and they have no incentives or rebates. It has been my experience that this part of Arkansas is way behind the tech and environmental curve. There are folks here that are married to their cousins!

·
98 Posts
Checked with my power provider and they have no incentives or rebates. It has been my experience that this part of Arkansas is way behind the tech and environmental curve. There are folks here that are married to their cousins!
You are really missing out. My power company in PA is giving me a whole $60.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts