Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I well empathize that everyone is very excited now that ID.4's are being delivered across the USA. I further understand the desire for immediate feedback on all sorts of questions, especially as we suddenly have many new members.

However if you'll just take a moment to search I think you'll find there's a wealth of information that's been gleaned and well presented over the past five months. Most likely whatever you want to ask has been already and well addressed.

Again, it's not usual at this point in any forum's life to be flooded with questions, but it's becoming quite difficult to administer/moderate. "Help me to help you" is the quintessential tagline.

Questions are good, but new questions [only] are better. ;)

Thanks all !!

Remember, having only one topic per thread will be very helpful with searching.

Reactions: Huey52

You're more than welcome to delete my thread if it makes you happy. The sticky threads put up since have been very helpful. I should have searched here before I posted but didn't think. Too much trust in Google, I guess 馃槄

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't feel bad, it could have been anyone's repetitive post [it actually happened to be a "what port" straw that broke ... ;) ] But thanks for recognizing same. (y)
You're more than welcome to delete my thread if it makes you happy. The sticky threads put up since have been very helpful. I should have searched here before I posted but didn't think. Too much trust in Google, I guess 馃槄

Just a comment: stickies can be helpful, but I think we now have way too many. They fill a whole screen. And many of them are low activity or even inactive. Maybe pare the list down to really useful threads?
Agreed. Maybe if we need something about photos stickied it could be just one locked post with links to all the different color threads.

1st Edition
Don't feel bad, it could have been anyone's repetitive post [it actually happened to be a "what port" straw that broke ... ;) ] But thanks for recognizing same. (y)
I posted the what port question, and I did use the search function prior to posting. Lots of search results that didn鈥檛 help answer the question. Perhaps tagging topics or specific answers, having an FAQ, or some other resources for commonly asked questions would assist newcomers like myself.

Feel free remove the what port question, as that鈥檚 clearly aggravating the moderator.

2021 AWD Pro S
There are also separate folders or sections for charging, photos, reviews that I have been trying to post things into. But all those appear to be put in this one section, even as stickies, like so often happens on forums. I am the moderator on another forum so was trying to follow the nice section organization provided here.

I agree that I don't like so many stickies, especially all the photo threads.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some wanted the discrete Photo-by-color threads and apparently some don't. Can't win. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 But now that folks are more aware that they exist I can cull the herd.

I too moderate other model-specific forums and we try to maintain a consistent "look & feel" so can't go too far afield. But we're looking at some options.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

There are also separate folders or sections for charging, photos, reviews that I have been trying to post things into. But all those appear to be put in this one section, even as stickies, like so often happens on forums. I am the moderator on another forum so was trying to follow the nice section organization provided here.

I agree that I don't like so many stickies, especially all the photo threads.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't you feel bad either. In fact you and others were actually motivators to address some thread reorganization.
I realize it's not common knowledge that VAG ocean transports no further west than Houston for USA deliveries. Simply a matter of transport economics. And since the destination fee is the same for everyone I guess the east coast subsidizes the west to a degree. I have no problem with that as we are United after all. ;)

btw: Mazda generally uses much smaller vehicle transport ships so they do find it economically advantageous to transit the Panama Canal to east coast ports.

Now the excellent "...logistics" thread has been stickied so hopefully that helps others going forward.

I posted the what port question, and I did use the search function prior to posting. Lots of search results that didn鈥檛 help answer the question. Perhaps tagging topics or specific answers, having an FAQ, or some other resources for commonly asked questions would assist newcomers like myself.

Feel free remove the what port question, as that鈥檚 clearly aggravating the moderator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.