Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Can WW sell more electric cars than Tesla by 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 48.5%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
987 Posts
Last quarter, the VW group delivered 99,064 all-electric vehicles. During the same period, Tesla delivered over 310,000 all-electric vehicles.
Last quarter Tesla probably delivered at least 2 or 3 OTA software updates to their various cars too - Likely even more than that, but I have no actual figures

A friend has owned a Model S for several years and he says there are methods in place where owners can actually request things they would like to see in a software update and he's very proud that a couple of his suggestions have actually found their way into his personal car! - Can you believe it? A car manufacturer that actually communicates with it's customers and listens to their suggestions and actually ACTS on them?

Who cares who sells the most cars? Is that necessarily the company you want to buy your next car from?

·
987 Posts
I'm not saying I don't want an OTA – I do – yet I can say I've been happy with the car I bought.
Oh I agree with that - I'm pretty happy with mine too, but even VW saw the need for OTA updates . . . . how often did they tell us to expect them?

How hard would it be for them to hire 3 or 4 people for 'Customer Liaisons' to talk to us and give us an idea of what's going on? I don't expect ro see my suggestions implemented anytime soon, but if they would just pretend to be listening, I think it would go a long way. By far, the biggest VW frustration is the silence

·
987 Posts
Instead of fixing 10/10 bugs fix 8 and let 2 for next update. Else by the time you fix all 10 there will be 10 more bugs and you will have more on your plate.
Excellent plan, but first you've gotta prove that you can even get a simple fix out there and installed in the cars - 2 out of 10 would be an amazing fix at this point . . . . and we probably only needed 2 a year ago when the first update should have happened. Then you could do 2 each quarter and everyone would be positively amazed. If they're truly waiting for a 'big fix' before they do anything then we'll probably need 20 by this time next year - They just keep falling farther and farther behind because it doesn't appear the are capable of doing even a simple update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts