Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 VW ID.4 AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 US market AWD Pro-S

The rear drivers side reading lamp is frequently illuminating all by itself, with no passengers in the rear seat.

First observed on day 2 of ownership, only affects this specific reading light.

Sometimes it cycles on then off by itself, even repeatedly for minutes at a time.
Sometimes it cycles on then off to stay for the duration of the drive.
Sometimes it cycles on and does not turn off until I turn off all interior lights with the switch on the overhead console, or by touching the reading lamp itself.

Seems to me that the capacitance sensor in the lamp housing is simply defective but thought I’d solicit input.

Thanks!

·
ID 6 CROZZ 1st Edition
1 Posts
2021 US market AWD Pro-S

The rear drivers side reading lamp is frequently illuminating all by itself, with no passengers in the rear seat.

Sometimes it cycles on then off by itself, even repeatedly for minutes at a time.
Sometimes it cycles on then off to stay for the duration of the drive.
Sometimes it cycles on and does not turn off until I turn off all interior lights with the switch on the overhead console, or by touching the reading lamp itself.

Seems to me that the capacitance sensor in the lamp housing is simply defective but thought I’d solicit input.

Thanks!
HI. I have an ID.6 that had a similar issue (rear passenger side). Dearler ordered and replaced the rear light. No issues since.

·
Premium Member
2021 VW ID.4 AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI. I have an ID.6 that had a similar issue (rear passenger side). Dearler ordered and replaced the rear light. No issues since.
Thanks for your data point!

Bring it in to service and let them check wiring integrity and operation of the lights. ...have some video recording with malfunctions. There was couple ID4 that have failed inspection on my side i have inspected ...some had not good connection and some needed new light assembly .
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll do just that. I already have video of it and I'll bring it up at my 60 day check-in inspection in a couple weeks.

--phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.