Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

Had a reservation set for an 2022 ID4, RWD model, and I was able to add a trailer hitch when building the car, and about a month or so later I got an email saying the hitch was removed since it was incompatible with the RWD model. Today I got the email asking me to rebuild for a 2023, and I'm wondering if I were to get the RWD still, can I add a hitch after the fact either on my own or at a third party. Don't need it for major towing, just the 2x a year I move a small sailboat 100 feet from the boat ramp to a spot in the boat yard. Thanks -

·
1,556 Posts
Hello -

Had a reservation set for an 2022 ID4, RWD model, and I was able to add a trailer hitch when building the car, and about a month or so later I got an email saying the hitch was removed since it was incompatible with the RWD model. Today I got the email asking me to rebuild for a 2023, and I'm wondering if I were to get the RWD still, can I add a hitch after the fact either on my own or at a third party. Don't need it for major towing, just the 2x a year I move a small sailboat 100 feet from the boat ramp to a spot in the boat yard. Thanks -
That wasn’t a trailer hitch you added. It was hitch accessories. And since the RWD does not come with a hitch, the accessories made no sense and that is why they removed them. At least that is what was explained in the emails that people have posted on here.

·
11 Posts
Yes! I live near Kent Washington, so I drove to Torklift central, bought a Eco hidden hitch for my 2021 Pros rwd, took it home and 3 hours later installed, you tube vids showed what’s involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts