Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
17 Posts
I've been reading the posts on this site over the last few weeks, but just finally joined so that I could post a question. I made a reservation in mid-October for an ID.4 Pro, and I know that I'll be behind the First Editions, but has anyone even confirmed their order yet and paid the additional $400? I know they've been producing these for a few months now, but other than the article at the start of this thread, I haven't been able to find much else in terms of when the U.S. will start to receive the first deliveries. I figure that if March is an accurate timeframe for First Editions to start showing up, someone should have confirmed their order by now?
I have a FE on order and have paid my $400.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
Most/all USA FE's at this point have been able to pay the "place your order" $400. I'm not aware of any Pro orders as yet however (myself included); still just initial reservations only.

·
21 Posts
Most/all USA FE's at this point have been able to pay the "place your order" $400. I'm not aware of any Pro orders as yet however (myself included); still just initial reservations only.
Thanks Huey52, sounds like we're both playing the same waiting game...

Maybe a little off-topic, but I would have ordered the FE to get one of the first deliveries if not for the white steering wheel, etc. I've seen a few YouTube videos with versions of the FE interior for the European market that I would have jumped on if they had offered that here. Dark steering wheel, etc. with the dark seats and reddish brown accents on the dash, seating, door panels, etc.

Here are a couple links for videos that you may have seen:

Not sure why VW chose to go with the white for the U.S. market, but I was quite disappointed when I first saw it, so I am definitely waiting for the Pro with a more "normal" interior. Also, kind of stinks that you have pay several thousand extra for the Statement package in order to unlock the Dusk Blue Metallic exterior and that there's no Dark Gray Metallic offered at all...Just my opinion.

·
36 Posts
I've been reading the posts on this site over the last few weeks, but just finally joined so that I could post a question. I made a reservation in mid-October for an ID.4 Pro, and I know that I'll be behind the First Editions, but has anyone even confirmed their order yet and paid the additional $400?
Yes, I think everyone with 1st Edition reservations got an e-mail on the same day to lock our configuration and pay the additional $400. I think they must have made the decision to delay the release in the US to March shortly after that, and before they sent out those e-mails for other reservation holders.

·
2 Posts
Yes, I think everyone with 1st Edition reservations got an e-mail on the same day to lock our configuration and pay the additional $400. I think they must have made the decision to delay the release in the US to March shortly after that, and before they sent out those e-mails for other reservation holders.

·
2 Posts
I switched my Pro reservation to the FE on Thursday when they opened it up. It continues to say that the revised reservation is confirmed, and there will be a request at some point to pay the additional $400 deposit. I live in CA (one fo the 13 ZEV states which another thread here said would be the first deliveries).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts