Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i want to put an inverter into the trunk and thinking routing a powercable from the 12v battery to the trunk...
The 12v socket doesnt have enough power for this task so i need to find a way for cabeling!
and yes i gonna only charge when the car is moving... or u put a weight in the driversseat to keep the car on...

anyone some ideas???

·
ID.4 FE GW
497 Posts
Hi i want to put an inverter into the trunk and thinking routing a powercable from the 12v battery to the trunk...
The 12v socket doesnt have enough power for this task so i need to find a way for cabeling!
and yes i gonna only charge when the car is moving... or u put a weight in the driversseat to keep the car on...

anyone some ideas???
I have a 1500W inverter in my Chevy Volt, and it is hooked directly to the 12V battery terminals. The routing is easier there because the battery is under the floor of the rear hatch.

·
Blue ID.4 FE
20 Posts
Lord T,

Not sure how to wire an inverter from the front of the car into the rear cargo compartment. That said, you probable already know that you'll be running #4 wire, which is pretty thick. I'm assuming you're planning on at least a 1000 watt inverter. Why not mount the inverter under the hood and keep the cabling as short as possible.

Also, you don't need to keep a weight on the drivers seat to keep the power on. Simply reach into the car from the outside and press the Start button on the steering wheel column. That will do the same thing.

Just my .02 cents worth.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lord T,

Not sure how to wire an inverter from the front of the car into the rear cargo compartment. That said, you probable already know that you'll be running #4 wire, which is pretty thick. I'm assuming you're planning on at least a 1000 watt inverter. Why not mount the inverter under the hood and keep the cabling as short as possible.

Also, you don't need to keep a weight on the drivers seat to keep the power on. Simply reach into the car from the outside and press the Start button on the steering wheel column. That will do the same thing.

Just my .02 cents worth.
allready thought about mounting the inverter under the hood...is well the less work solution...thanks for the reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts