Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
98 Posts
Me too. Take my money and ... well, do what ever investing and interest earning you are going to do with it. sigh ...
Now do I spend the next 3 months hitting F5?

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. Take my money and ... well, do what ever investing and interest earning you are going to do with it. sigh ...
Now do I spend the next 3 months hitting F5?
ha! If you're like me, you get to spend the next 3 months second guessing yourself. Do I really want a Tesla Y instead (if the tax credits come back), what if the Nissan is good, what about the Hyundai? Should I pay cash for it or take advantage of a 0 APR? I go through a lot of tums and my wife goes through a lot of extra strength tylenol.

·
161 Posts
Welcome to the club. I went through 5 or 6 full cycles already and I'm not done for sure.

·
50 Posts
Hopefully this is a good sign that 1st Editions are imminent, if they've moved on to taking money for those expected to delivery after. Maybe it won't be months now?

·
98 Posts
we call it spinning in my family and yes .... I am very guilty. I am still thinking RWD vs AWD, black/brown interior, vs gray, toast or bagel, ice cream or beer.

·
99 Posts
Me too. This is happening faster than I wanted. I was hoping to take delivery later rather than sooner.

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
274 Posts
I haven't gotten any request for more money! For the people that got the email - did you reserve the RWD or AWD? When did you reserve? I ordered the AWD on 9/23/20 (while the FE was still available during the first go around).

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
82 Posts
I had a Pro S reserved until I switched to the FE. Through the delays, the delivery time never changed. Always Q1. I hope this is a good sign for the FE. Guess we better start monitoring the VW freighters.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't gotten any request for more money! Did the people that got the email - did you reserve the RWD or AWD? When did you reserve? I ordered the AWD on 9/23/20 (while the FE was still available during the first go around).
I'm RWD in California. I ordered the day it went on sale.

·
14 Posts
I received the email today, requesting the next $400 for the Pro S RWD model I ordered back on 12/17/20. Payment will need to be made by 1/28/21. I too was surprised to see the request for the Pro S this soon, being that no one has taken delivery of a 1st Edition yet.

·
23 Posts
I haven't gotten any request for more money! For the people that got the email - did you reserve the RWD or AWD? When did you reserve? I ordered the AWD on 9/23/20 (while the FE was still available during the first go around).
Be sure to check you spam filter folder. That's where I found mine.

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
274 Posts

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
128 Posts
I had a Pro S reserved until I switched to the FE. Through the delays, the delivery time never changed. Always Q1. I hope this is a good sign for the FE. Guess we better start monitoring the VW freighters.
I would like to thank you all for giving me something else to check 10 times a day now to see if the car is any closer, like I didn't check enough already! ;)😂⛴ I already have the VW fleet tagged at vesselfinder.com.....I probably need help 🙂

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
82 Posts
I would like to thank you all for giving me something else to check 10 times a day now to see if the car is any closer, like I didn't check enough already! ;)😂⛴ I already have the VW fleet tagged at vesselfinder.com.....I probably need help 🙂
Thank goodness, I thought it was just me. My wife is getting beyond annoyed. I had to explain to her that I have been following the Crozz/ID4 for over a year. I almost bought a Kona (I was EV desperate). Don't get me wrong, the Kona/Niro are solid cars, but the finishes are lacking. So where does the ship dock for California, Mexico or Long Beach?

·
ID.4 1st Blue
205 Posts
... I have been following the Crozz/ID4 for over a year. I almost bought a Kona (I was EV desperate). Don't get me wrong, the Kona/Niro are solid cars, but the finishes are lacking. So where does the ship dock for California, Mexico or Long Beach?
That could be me. I got within a hair’s width of pulling the trigger on a Niro. I’m glad I didn’t, now I get a properly, from the ground up built electric car at about the same price.

Reactions: ted99 and TimD
1 - 20 of 76 Posts