Volkswagen ID Forum banner
81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
1 Posts
If you do get one I would demand that the check/fix the battery coolant before it leaves the lot. Pumps are not meant to be ran dry. I have had mine for 2 weeks, already had the coolant bleed/refilled and now waiting on the pump. I will most likely be using my states lemon law for this car since my reasonable “30-45 days” for it to come in was laughed at and the tech said if I was lucky.
Hello All,

My first post on this blog, I've been going reading up on the ID.4 on this forum and over on Reddit for ID.4 owners and I find myself a bit turned around on pulling the trigger on getting an ID.4. I currently have a 2016 Passat and I've always liked VW cars for their design and build quality but reading some of the recent post I'm a bit nervous. For me the logistics of where I live might be a serious headache should I have any issues with the ID.4 should it just break down completely. I work in San Diego but live south of the border in Tijuana. Mostly I work remote but 1 or two days out of the week I head into San Diego for either work or errands.

I know its been said in other post that it's possible that the vast majority of ID.4 owners have no issues what-so-ever but those that do are more likely to search for answer in places such as this fine forum Are issues like the ones bluebaron is having more regular than we know of?

Thank you all for such a great forum, really helpful.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
If you do get one I would demand that the check/fix the battery coolant before it leaves the lot. Pumps are not meant to be ran dry. I have had mine for 2 weeks, already had the coolant bleed/refilled and now waiting on the pump. I will most likely be using my states lemon law for this car since my reasonable “30-45 days” for it to come in was laughed at and the tech said if I was lucky.
Starting the Lemon Law process next week. Here in Florida that starts after the car has been in the shop for 15 cumulative days. They have a total of 30 cumulative days to fix it before having to refund or provide a replacement.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,322 Posts
Maybe keep that in your pocket and use it as a bargaining chip to get some other monetary compensation from VW? Unless you really hate the car. To cast it aside under these regrettable but understandable circumstances if it's otherwise a good car seems like you may be in for a lot of trouble for not much payoff, especially if you're planning to replace it with something else in this cuckoo car market.

·
26 Posts
Update: so mine has been at the dealer for 15 days. The pump arrived to the dealer on Wednesday but apparently only one of them when both pumps need to be replaced. The dealer's service manager just called and said he'll reimburse my monthly payment for this month. So that's nice on their part to offer that even before I requested it. I also already in the process of buy back with VW for this car, at least to give them a chance to repair it and then resell it without having a lemon sticker on the car. What a nightmare this has become lol :rolleyes:

·
4 Posts
Same issue "your car has electrical problems service it" although got it on the second day of ownership. I mean that car had 30 miles on it and this happens. I did fast charging and I believe that's one of the reasons too. I live in Florida it was really hot. Turned on the AC with carnet and as soon as I got in the car saw the message.

Dropped it at the dealer gave me a loaner but it messed up my memorial Day weekend plans. I was so excited about the car and this happens.

Does the lemon law only apply for business days while in shop?

·
26 Posts
CA is 30 days (business and weekend) within 18 months and also doesn’t have to be consecutive for it to be a lemon.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Same issue "your car has electrical problems service it" although got it on the second day of ownership. I mean that car had 30 miles on it and this happens. I did fast charging and I believe that's one of the reasons too. I live in Florida it was really hot. Turned on the AC with carnet and as soon as I got in the car saw the message.

Dropped it at the dealer gave me a loaner but it messed up my memorial Day weekend plans. I was so excited about the car and this happens.

Does the lemon law only apply for business days while in shop?
For Florida it's 30 consecutive total days including weekends...but get your certified, registered or express mail in at day 15.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,016 Posts
Registered mail always best in these circumstances as you'll have the best possible paper trail. The sole downside to Registered is that some receiving folks will balk at signing for same, since they know they'll then be on record (from my wife's early working days in property management). But at least you'll still have paperwork that it arrived at the intended address. I would think VW Corporate would sign for their mail however.

"All registered mail is certified but certified mail is not registered." - Newman ;)
For Florida it's 30 consecutive total days including weekends...but get your certified, registered or express mail in at day 15.

·
35 Posts
In order to be covered by the Illinois Lemon Law, a vehicle must:

• have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use , market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair, or
  • be out of service for a total of 30 or more business days.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Registered mail always best in these circumstances as you'll have the best possible paper trail. The sole downside to Registered is that some receiving folks will balk at signing for same, since they know they'll then be on record (from my wife's early working days in property management). But at least you'll still have paperwork that it arrived at the intended address. I would think VW Corporate would sign for their mail however.

"All registered mail is certified but certified mail is not registered." - Newman ;)
Just started the process and it's actually a little easier in Florida as VW has signed up with an approved arbitration service with BBB autoline. Just filled the form in on their website and will be speaking to a representative next week.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Just added my vote to the survey of how many folks are getting the pump issue. No idea how to link to it for those that might have missed it :-(

·
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge on this issue.

I am not sure how to get it certified and registered.

So if you could explain in step by step details on how you filed the claim in Florida.

Thanks again

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

So if you could explain in step by step details on how you filed the claim in Florida.

Thanks again
The good news is you just have to fill a form in on the BBB Autoline site to start the process

·
45 Posts
Just got another update from the dealership. The pump still has no ETA.... Car has been sitting there for 12 days now. They are doing the seatbelt recall and my 30 day check up. (Of course it hasn't been driven for 30 days lol) and we have now driven the loaner Tiguan more miles then our ID.4 which is pretty sad. I just want a functioning car.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,016 Posts
It appears you can commence the process online.

But if snail-mailing is thereafter required your local post office can accommodate a registered mailing. You just fill out a form in the post office with recipient & your address and of course pay more for the mailing than a standard first class letter.

Certified mail is tracked but Registered mail also requires a receipt signature which is handy for your records in this type of case.
"All registered mail is certified but certified mail is not registered." ;)

Thanks again

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
UPDATE 5

The dealer called me out of the blue this morning to tell me my car had been fixed and ready for pickup!! She told me VW had found a workaround (good work after 16days).

On picking up it turned out the workaround was flushing the coolant. Quite annoying as I had suggested they try that when I took it in...they assured me if it was that simple they would have tried it and replacement pumps was the only way to fix it.

Anyway, at least I got it back. I delivered it in pristine condition...now looks like crap as it had obviously been stored outside. Out with the chamois and wax tomorrow.

·
47 Posts
UPDATE 5

The dealer called me out of the blue this morning to tell me my car had been fixed and ready for pickup!! She told me VW had found a workaround (good work after 16days).

On picking up it turned out the workaround was flushing the coolant. Quite annoying as I had suggested they try that when I took it in...they assured me if it was that simple they would have tried it and replacement pumps was the only way to fix it.

Anyway, at least I got it back. I delivered it in pristine condition...now looks like crap as it had obviously been stored outside. Out with the chamois and wax tomorrow.
That’s awful. Are there any other VW dealers in your area?

·
45 Posts
UPDATE 5

Hope that fixes it for you. 400 miles after my coolant bleed I was in for the pumps... And its still in.... For the pumps.... Waiting... For the pumps... LOL

81 - 100 of 146 Posts