Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
That’s awful. Are there any other VW dealers in your area?
There are some bigger ones a little further away. This one in Melbourne Florida is pretty small and the level of service has been pretty poor so far. I asked them to give me a printout of the work they carried out...only to be told they couldn't do that and would email it to me later. I asked to just give me a photocopy of the paperwork they had in their hand but that wasn't possible. They gave me a print out in the end but on reviewing it does not show the work they carried out!!

Hopefully, the email will list everything they have done so far for my records.

·
6 Posts
I just heard from my dealer. 350 miles on the car. My water pump is bad. It'll take 10 days for me to get it back. That's almost as long as I've had the car in the first place.

·
45 Posts
I just heard from my dealer. 350 miles on the car. My water pump is bad. It'll take 10 days for me to get it back. That's almost as long as I've had the car in the first place.
Welcome to the small group of ID.4 owners with cars sitting at the dealers waiting for pumps. It appears like this is a low percentage of cars, and it also appears that once its fixed there is a good chance you'll be fine going forward until it breaks from normal wear and tear and not manufacturing defect.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
I hope they have a supply of pumps on the way here so you guys get your cars back soon!

·
6 Posts
I'm at 14 days right now with no ETA on the pump.
Well, I really do like the car, but if I end up hitting the 30 day mark, I'll maybe do the lemon law buyback. I'm only in the very, very early stages here, but based on what I'm seeing in this thread, it could be a while. So I pre-ordered another one today on VW's site just in case.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Wish me luck, they got the pump in and replaced it, test drove it, and they say everything looks good. Leaving to pick it up in a little bit.
Glad to hear that!! Let us know how it is. Good luck!!

·
45 Posts
Just a wireless one that reads codes, not a full diagnostic one. I'll scan in the service document that says what they did later.

·
626 Posts
Just a wireless one that reads codes, not a full diagnostic one. I'll scan in the service document that says what they did later.
EVNotify app after last update is quite solid....and you can watch inlet temp....and low and high module temp..... good obd2 dongle is required.
If you want more information try to get Ross-Tech.com or obdeleven.
If you going to keep ID4 for quite some time it will be very good tool to have.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,016 Posts
What OBDII dongle is considered 'best' these days?

EVNotify is Android only?

EVNotify app after last update is quite solid....and you can watch inlet temp....and low and high module temp..... good obd2 dongle is required.
If you want more information try to get Ross-Tech.com or obdeleven.
If you going to keep ID4 for quite some time it will be very good tool to have.

·
20 Posts
iCar Vgate PRO adapter works seamlesly with ID.4.

Car Scanner Elm Obd2 (iOS and Android) actually displays more sensors than EVNotify: individual cell voltages, battery pack temperature at many points, HV battery circulation pump flow, AC compressor speed, DC-DC converter current, motor RPM, etc.

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
87 Posts
Haven't had any issues with the Veepeak OBD dongle yet.

·
6 Posts
Any risk of a dealer claiming a warranty is voided by using an OBDII? Can they even tell, so long as you're only reading settings?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,016 Posts
No, they can't tell if read-only. AutoZone et al will freely read the OBDII on most any vehicle, so no issue.
Any risk of a dealer claiming a warranty is voided by using an OBDII? Can they even tell, so long as you're only reading settings?

101 - 120 of 146 Posts