Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
626 Posts
They can see whenever obd2 dongle is connected....regarding warr
Here is the write up from the service department on replacing the pump:
View attachment 5572
He did by the book and some more to make sure issue doesn't happen again......This technician is one to look for.....
So failed pump was drawing more current than needed and it was showing signs getting locked.
If you have Ross-Tech.com or obdeleven ....you could preform this diagnostic on your own every 6 months....if you are die hard EV enthusiast

·
14 Posts
Thank you for all the info.

I jumped ship to the ID.4 from a 2019 Chevy Bolt I had for 3 years with zero issues. Other then the battery may burn up, destroy my garage and burn down my house, the Bolt had no problems with its pump.

But, Ill keep an I out for this on ID.4

·
626 Posts
Thank you for all the info.

I jumped ship to the ID.4 from a 2019 Chevy Bolt I had for 3 years with zero issues. Other then the battery may burn up, destroy my garage and burn down my house, the Bolt had no problems with its pump.

But, Ill keep an I out for this on ID.4
Just a little look at Bolt forums lead to....suspension issues......Bolt Gateway.......brake booster issues.....pumps for cabin coolant heater......and etc.
Battery issues are the GM/LG problem....because they didn't have close oversight and rigorous inspections.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,047 Posts
If you have Ross-Tech.com or obdeleven ....you could preform this diagnostic on your own every 6 months....if you are die hard EV enthusiast
Are these all on address 01?

I have a log from a previous scan - nothing related to pumps r any of that. I do have a decent number of intermittent errors that sound like communications issues, none of which are serious enough to cause the MIL to turn on.

·
26 Posts
Probably my final update: Today is day #21 for me and the dealer got the part and is installing it. VW also approved the buy back today (California) and I just signed and notarized and sent it back to them, so my time with the ID4 unfortunately ends here. VW is refunding everything thing that I have paid for the car, so that's great! In the end, coming from 3 years with the M3, there are just some very annoying quirks currently with the ID4 and add on this nightmare experience, I will have to look at another EV for now, maybe another Tesla, which I don't want to lol. Good luck everyone! Hope you don't have the same experience as I do.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Probably my final update: Today is day #21 for me and the dealer got the part and is installing it. VW also approved the buy back today (California) and I just signed and notarized and sent it back to them, so my time with the ID4 unfortunately ends here. VW is refunding everything thing that I have paid for the car, so that's great! In the end, coming from 3 years with the M3, there are just some very annoying quirks currently with the ID4 and add on this nightmare experience, I will have to look at another EV for now, maybe another Tesla, which I don't want to lol. Good luck everyone! Hope you don't have the same experience as I do.
Good luck. I got to day 16 before they decided to do the coolant flush 5 days ago. So far so good with no warnings.

·
20 Posts
Not sure it makes anyone else feel better. Spent some time looking over the mustang Mach e forums. They seem to have a powertrain high voltage battery issue of their own that has plagued several cars. Same issue with scarce parts, and long waits for repairs. Never would have known it in the YouTube videos I have watched on it. Keeping my Prius c as a backup for a while just in case, but no car is perfect I guess.

·
45 Posts
Not sure it makes anyone else feel better. Spent some time looking over the mustang Mach e forums. They seem to have a powertrain high voltage battery issue of their own that has plagued several cars. Same issue with scarce parts, and long waits for repairs. Never would have known it in the YouTube videos I have watched on it. Keeping my Prius c as a backup for a while just in case, but no car is perfect I guess.
Don't even go over to the Chevy Bolt Forums
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

·
626 Posts
Here’s my tech note @VW TECHNICIAN

does it look normal? View attachment 5592

View attachment 5593
Pumps are run by pulse wide modulation....PWM you can research....and is very simple and good way to watch on pump state operation and it is possible to see air pockets in the coolant system by just looking at voltage and current.
His troubleshooting steps have eliminated wiring issues and output from module that control pump. ...he has received pump for electronic instead of battery management coolant side.
Another good technician that check and recheck his work multiple times while trying to fix.

·
2 Posts
Just wanted to join in this conversation. Had the same issue occur two days ago, was charging the car when the electrical systems prompt comes up. Wasn't sure what it was so I drove the car anyway, barely went down the street before the whole car stopped accelerating. Had to shut it off and turn it on a couple of times to get it back down the street. Towed it to the dealership who says now that the issue was the coolant, so they did a flush , but the pump is back ordered, so check back in.... in a MONTH! I don't feel safe driving this car, has anyone had the same experience? I have to commute 120 miles round trip a day on tiny little roads that leave me in a bad spot if it breaks down.

·
45 Posts
Just wanted to join in this conversation. Had the same issue occur two days ago, was charging the car when the electrical systems prompt comes up. Wasn't sure what it was so I drove the car anyway, barely went down the street before the whole car stopped accelerating. Had to shut it off and turn it on a couple of times to get it back down the street. Towed it to the dealership who says now that the issue was the coolant, so they did a flush , but the pump is back ordered, so check back in.... in a MONTH! I don't feel safe driving this car, has anyone had the same experience? I have to commute 120 miles round trip a day on tiny little roads that leave me in a bad spot if it breaks down.
If they say you need a new pump, they should give you a loaner. Almost everyone on here who've had this issue has been given a loaner by the dealership while the car waits there for the pump.

·
26 Posts
Yeah, just get a loaner and leave the car there so you don’t get stranded. In my case, I used my wife’s Tesla for the 3 weeks it’s at the dealer and they reimburse me my monthly payment on the car. I did not want to drive a Tiguan loaner and pay $4.50 a gallon here in Los Angeles.

·
653 Posts
the dealership who says now that the issue was the coolant, so they did a flush
I think they run a few tests after the flush, and if no more codes get thrown then assume it was air and not replace the pump. Unless you start getting more of the same warnings they might not replace the pump.

·
45 Posts
Yeah, just get a loaner and leave the car there so you don’t get stranded. In my case, I used my wife’s Tesla for the 3 weeks it’s at the dealer and they reimburse me my monthly payment on the car. I did not want to drive a Tiguan loaner and pay $4.50 a gallon here in Los Angeles.
Its only $4.35 here in San Diego so we went with Tiguan. And yes VW covered my first payment (Or at least they said they would, waiting on the check lol).

·
26 Posts
Haha that’s nice! It’s getting out of hands here in LA. I actually just picked up the check at the dealer yesterday too.

Its only $4.35 here in San Diego so we went with Tiguan. And yes VW covered my first payment (Or at least they said they would, waiting on the check lol).

121 - 140 of 146 Posts