Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to start a dedicated thread for this. Has anybody been able to snap some in-person images of the Pro S interior, especially in Black?

Have seen a couple pics that were blurry, or taken from outside the car, but nothing detailed.

VW photo shown below with included brown accents...

·
192 Posts
Wanted to start a dedicated thread for this. Has anybody been able to snap some in-person images of the Pro S interior, especially in Black?

Have seen a couple pics that were blurry, or taken from outside the car, but nothing detailed.
No Pro S have been delivered yet. This picture is accurate for the US model with the "black" seats. The light seats don't get the brown inserts. The first few Pro trim with cloth seats have shown up at dealers.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Thanks for the post and picture. I've been very curious how the interior of our Pro S would look. Looking forward to updated picture. Just hit Step 3, so I've got a few months to wait.

·
Banned
64 Posts
I saw a dusk blue Pro S at my dealership a couple of hours ago, black seats, black steering wheel, and brown accents. I think it had just arrived. It was locked.

·
31 Posts
Just had a Tesla owner tell me the same thing.
Most certainly not but I couldn't help but point out the similarity with a black/dark interior and brown dashboard feature. That's all I was saying. Seems to me --- and I'm not saying anything original --- that all these car companies are taking cues from Tesla, especially with the reduced buttons/simple design.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
314 Posts
Most certainly not but I couldn't help but point out the similarity with a black/dark interior and brown dashboard feature. That's all I was saying. Seems to me --- and I'm not saying anything original --- that all these car companies are taking cues from Tesla, especially with the reduced buttons/simple design.
I definitely agree that software and UI are largely influenced by Tesla, but the brown dash? Many cars have had wood trim and/or brown interiors for quite a long time. Tesla didn't lead the charge on that in any way.

·
31 Posts
I definitely agree that software and UI are largely influenced by Tesla, but the brown dash? Many cars have had wood trim and/or brown interiors for quite a long time. Tesla didn't lead the charge on that in any way.
Yeah, I don't know...I was more just pointing out the similiarity in design. Same with Mach E. Looks like they were copying the Model S but decided "hey, let's glue a knob onto the screen." ugh.

·
59 Posts
Or maybe Tesla stole from VW? As others have mentioned, wood/brown trim has been used for decades in cars, including in VW products. And although there may have been others, VW had the first car I ever remember with a frunk (the Bug/Beetle starting in the 1930s) -- of course it didn't have a trunk. ;) Also, the Type 3 (such as the Squareback), from the 60's, had a frunk and also a "trunk," though typically as a station wagon or hatchback style.

·
31 Posts
Or maybe Tesla stole from VW? As others have mentioned, wood/brown trim has been used for decades in cars, including in VW products. And although there may have been others, VW had the first car I ever remember with a frunk (the Bug/Beetle starting in the 1930s) -- of course it didn't have a trunk. ;) Also, the Type 3 (such as the Squareback), from the 60's, had a frunk and also a "trunk," though typically as a station wagon or hatchback style.
Good point! Nothing new is really new.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
369 Posts
There are a few posts in the ID.4 Facebook group of both Pro and Pro S interiors now that they're both starting to show up at dealers. They look great!

EDIT: I searched both groups and didn't find the pics I saw. So maybe those pics were actually on this site! It would've been within the last few days that I saw these pics, of U.S. cars.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Just drove a new Lexus. It had a brown interior with a pewter silver exterior. We chose the Moonstone and realized it locked the color. As I said, I was a little nervous, but am well pleased.

I work with multiple Tesla owners and they love their cars. I never had a desire to buy one. Reminds me when our kids were little, everyone had Honda Odyssey’s and we had a Eurovan!

Reactions: NBCGLX

·
192 Posts
My local dealer has a white Pro S on their lot:

The brown accents look nice.
This is the trim and colors I reserved in AWD! I'm pleased and validates my decision on passing on the FE.

·
158 Posts
I'm really bummed about the brown and hoping I can swap those panels out in my Pro S. What's the point of fun ambient lighting colors if I've got a big brown dash hovering over everything? 💀

1 - 20 of 52 Posts