Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Pro S Plus MIA

29K views 274 replies 53 participants last post by  DangVW 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any insight/guesses/inside information about the status of the Pro S Plus AWDs? My estimated delivery changed from Oct-Nov 2022 to Q1 2023.

I remember reading about the memo to a Canadian dealer about part shortage and delay of production until November, does that apply to US models too? Have any actual Pro S Plus AWD trims even been produced? It's likely the highest margin (in terms of profit) so I would think VW would be prioritizing their production...

#2 ·
#3 ·
As pre the Reservation Assistant plugin:

ID.4 AWD Pro S36%
ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus17%
ID.4 Pro12%
ID.4 Pro S12%
ID.4 AWD Pro7%
ID.4 Standard6%
ID.4 Pro S Plus5%
ID.4 S5%

The most popular trim is the AWD Pro S.
The least popular are the Pro S Plus (RWD) and S (Small battery RWD) .

If the production line has top be reconfigured every time they change trim, can't mix and match different trims on the same line, then I expect the RWD Pro S Plus and S will be the last ones scheduled for production.

Of course I am not an expert in vehicle production nor a VW decision maker, so this is just an opinion with no factual basis underlying it.

#7 ·
Yes they have parts shortages for 360 Camera, folding mirrors till mid November and Premium sound is gone from 2023 completely. If you look at your booking, you may see price must have gone down accordingly. In Canada they reduced price for all affected cars by whopping 800CAD, around 500 USD and for all 2023 statement package, price came down from 5000CAD to 4700CAD without premium audio.

In Canada Statement package includes all these, hence Canadian dealers got that email. If by any chance your Pro S Plus is produced before Nov 15 (don't know about starting date), it is almost guaranteed that it will be missing these features as it is going to be produced at the same factory. Also compared to US Canada hardly gets 5-10% of total cars so it makes no sense to not include that in just 5% of the cars and add it to 95%, it will be in all or none.

Reactions: MDK777
#9 ·
if my pro s plus awd is locked, is there nothing i can do to get a pro s awd instead? i heard of some people getting vehicles that the customer no longer wanted from the dealer at msrp if they have a reservation, although my dealer adds a useless 3k ceramic coating add on for those i think

#10 ·
Yes, I find the reservation assistant plugin to be such a wealth of information and am thankful for its existence! However, it does not actually tell us anything about what cars are being produced at the factory- only which cars are being matched up to reservations. For example, the cars that are being delivered in the coming days were likely produced weeks before they were matched with reservations/there was any sign of their existence on the assistant plugin.

I haven't seen any videos about the Pro S Plus model beyond exterior shots of the Artic Blue model. That makes me think they haven't even produced enough to include as press cars which seems to align with the thought of severe part shortages. That really dashes my hopes for getting one by the end of the calendar year...

@Plant Peon where are you guys hiding all the Pro S Plus AWD models?! Have they been produced in meaningful numbers yet?

#11 ·
@Plant Peon where are you guys hiding all the Pro S Plus AWD models?!
And if you’re just one motor short of MDK’s Pro S Plus AWD, you can build my Pro S Plus RWD!

• Haha
Reactions: JSS328 and MDK777
#12 · (Edited)
I just got an email to lock my Pro S Plus RWD from May, but when I try to log in I am getting a blank screen. Guess I'll keep trying.

#13 ·
I managed to lock my order. Says delivery Q1 of 2023.

Reactions: BStone1824
#23 ·
I just got invited to lock my Sept Reservation for AWD Pro S Plus Grey with Galaxy interior on 10/19. I had previously gotten the we revised your reservation to remove the Premium sound and lowered the price email that contained a Feb-Apr estimate for delivery without a lock. So my guess would be that the Pro S Plus delivery delays were related to sorting out the sound system officially.

#25 ·
I took a month and a week to get my lock invite. Don't worry you haven't waited that long on your reservation.

#27 ·
Honestly I think there are folks who reserved for Model Year 2022 who might still be waiting to lock their 2023 order. My Ford f150 Lightning May 2021 reservation is still waiting to move to the lock stage. Probably going to get my deposit back since my ID.4 does what I need and has more features for less than the F150.

#33 ·
Based on the letter to "All VW Dealers" (VW Canada) dated September 26, 2022, Area View and power-folding mirrors will not be available until CW46 which is next Monday 11/14/2022. Production will begin upon receipt of these items. Since all ID.4 vehicles for Canada and the US are now built in Chattanooga, I can only assume that the backordered parts have delayed the production of all MY2023 Pro S Plus models.

Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.