Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
85 Posts
Sorry I used the wrong number above from Bjorn. Looking at the VW spec sheets the weight diff between a 2021 Pro S RWD is 4665 and Pro S AWD is 4888 = 223 more.
FYI the canadian range data suggests a 3.6-7.1% range difference between RWD and AWD. Up to 17.5 miles. Which is similar to EPA.

Not enough to impact a 200 mile trip, but enough to give me about an extra week of charge.

·
168 Posts
Just checked, my portal is also now showing the actual car color and model that I ordered, however, my status is still at 10, did not move to 10-2. So the car changing thing might not be related to the status change, maybe just a website improvement they rolled out.

Congratulations on the move to 10-2!

Reactions: wildpitcher

·
168 Posts
I went to my local dealer, test drove a 2021, and will be buying a Pro S (AWD, because that's the only type they have). Being stuck at status 10 with 26 business days remaining from the year, the decision is becoming clear.
Yes, I came to the same conclusion, and also bought an AWD Pro S yesterday. LOVING IT so far!

·
168 Posts
How's the interface? I wanted to test the acceleration so I asked the salesperson to switch it to sports...the interface lagged with a Loading sign for like 5-10 sec. That was quite discouraging. Hopefully these issues are completely eliminated in the 2023
I haven't had enough of a chance to play with it yet. I will say trying to setup the myVW account and everything yesterday when I picked it up was pretty slow. The salesperson thought it might be because of my ancient phone, which maybe it was, IDK? The only other thing I messed around with on the drive home was using Apple CarPlay to display Google Maps on the screen, which I eventually did get to work, but for whatever reason every time I moved to a different screen, when I went back to CarPlay, my route was gone and I had to re-enter the destination again, so I stopped trying to mess with anything else until I got home.

Reactions: p__x

·
MY23 AWD VW ID4 Pro S Plus Artic Blue
78 Posts
Remember the days when GM and Ford would come out mid-year with the 19XX 1/2 model. Maybe that is what VW should have done with the Artic Blue AWD Pro S Plus. If they were not ready to go into production with parts and color until mid-year 2023 why put the carrot out there for us to chase? I would have ordered a AWD Pro S and been happy to have already been driving it today.

·
18 Posts
I'm with a 10 Nov to Jan, on the site, that after I got an email saying Dec to Feb. I suspect VW just isn't updating these ETAs.
with the reports of lots of cars either showing up or suddenly jumping to 20/30, plus the stats site not showing anything entering production really for weeks I really suspect that's the case. Fingers crossed that means we've all been in production already?

Reactions: Tjk304

·
85 Posts
with the reports of lots of cars either showing up or suddenly jumping to 20/30, plus the stats site not showing anything entering production really for weeks I really suspect that's the case. Fingers crossed that means we've all been in production already?
Anythings possible but unlikely. Zero movement with any of the Pluses. If there's gonna be any mass movement, that will be AWD Pro S Plus's given the higher profit margin on them. So you guys might get saved by the bell. I won't I've settled with an AWD en route instead. At this point I won't take the RWD plus even if it gets delivered in 2 weeks.

·
18 Posts
yeah i’ve been going back and forth on whether to go snag a canceled AWD Pro S or keep rolling the dice, I wanted the Plus and at this point I’ve waited this long, it’s a tough call.

·
1,501 Posts
Just placed my deposit on a Red Galaxy AWD Pro S, getting it at MSRP and it's arriving "early Dec". Whatever that means.
May I ask what part of the country you are in?

Dave

·
1,501 Posts
Anythings possible but unlikely. Zero movement with any of the Pluses. If there's gonna be any mass movement, that will be AWD Pro S Plus's given the higher profit margin on them. So you guys might get saved by the bell. I won't I've settled with an AWD en route instead. At this point I won't take the RWD plus even if it gets delivered in 2 weeks.
You and I are in exactly the same position, I think, and I am taking essentially the same approach to it. I've reserved an AWD Pro S (red) for mid-December (I'm told 12/16-12/20). Close to the wire.

Dave

Reactions: p__x
61 - 80 of 97 Posts