Volkswagen ID Forum banner
661 - 680 of 785 Posts

·
23 Posts
I’m in the same “boat,” went 15-2 late last week. Also estimated delivery of 7/1-9/1, but hoping for much earlier delivery. Locked 1/15/2022.
Exactly in the same boat with my Pro S RWD. Initial order back in October/November. Have been in 15-2 for more than a week now, where "in production" probably translates to be aline item on some production spreadsheet..

·
2 Posts
I'm currently status 20-2, and the dealer has confirmed the ID4 has been loaded onto a ship. Any way to figure out what ships have left Germany recently? I'm in California, so I assume it'll be a ship heading to Benica.

·
365 Posts
I'm currently status 20-2, and the dealer has confirmed the ID4 has been loaded onto a ship. Any way to figure out what ships have left Germany recently? I'm in California, so I assume it'll be a ship heading to Benica.
My understanding is the dealer portal can tell you the ship number, and the ETA of arrival in US, on a truck, etc.

·
16 Posts
If it's still 20-2, then it's still on a ship, and probably on either the Dione Leader or Grand Champion, both bound for San Diego (Somewhere around May 17 and May 25, respectively). My copy of the VW export schedule indicates that neither ship will dock in Benicia. The Lyra Leader has already made it to San Diego and is now on its way to Japan, so those two ships are the only ones on the VW schedule that are at sea and bound for the West Coast (SFL Conductor is at sea and bound for Davisville and Houston).

Currently, the Dione Leader is two days out of Cartagena Colombia, and the Grand Champion is two days out of Santa Marta, Colombia.

·
2 Posts
If it's still 20-2, then it's still on a ship, and probably on either the Dione Leader or Grand Champion, both bound for San Diego (Somewhere around May 17 and May 25, respectively). My copy of the VW export schedule indicates that neither ship will dock in Benicia. The Lyra Leader has already made it to San Diego and is now on its way to Japan, so those two ships are the only ones on the VW schedule that are at sea and bound for the West Coast (SFL Conductor is at sea and bound for Davisville and Houston).

Currently, the Dione Leader is two days out of Cartagena Colombia, and the Grand Champion is two days out of Santa Marta, Colombia.
Truly appreciate it. I can stop hitting refresh for another week or two.

·
507 Posts
Here is a list I have made from the huge Shipping logistics thread of what the secret codes you can get from the portal and what they mean if you are tech enough to use the developer tools in your browser. US website only. Your dealer probably has a way to see these codes, and that is where us forum dwellers got these descriptions. Directions in this thread:

and then search for orderStatusCode, then wait a few seconds and expand by clicking on the api.vw.com responses (note VIN is not assigned until 20-1, and its not included in the codes any longer, you have to ask your dealer for the VIN)
you don't have to search for GetReservations unless you want some other data besides orderStatusCode
03 Locked (wheel step 3)
05 Locked next step (unknown)
10 Locked next step request production
10-2 Locked next step production scheduling soon
15-1 Vehicle Scheduled For Production (call your dealer now they usually have better dates than the portal.)
15-2 Vehicle in production
20-1 Production complete, VIN assigned
20-2 Left the port (wheel step 4, at this point some dealers can tell you a ship number for those really obsessed with this.)
30-1 Arrived in port but not unloaded yet.
30-2 Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs yet (wheel step 5.).
30-3 Cleared customs, waiting to load on transporter
35-1 released to the transporter (rail)
35-2 released to the transporter (truck)
35-3 released to the transporter (shorter distance truck?)
40 in a holding parking lot waiting for a truck
50 and higher- Arriving at dealer (wheel step 6-7, yet often dealer calls and its in before wheel updates)

Post in this thread if you get any others, they seem to keep adding and changing a few of them.
My status code is 20-1 but the Wheel of Torture is on Step 4; it has been this way for 2 weeks now. So, it appears that the Wheel goes to step 4 when the code changes to 20-1, not to 20-2.

·
365 Posts
My current delivery dates are July-August and i am still in 03 i was wondering has anyone actually got there car with those dates or are they going to change in all likelyhood? I am in Florida would that also have an impact meaning a shorter trip overseas? Also has anyone just jumped from 03 to lets say 10? Thanks for the imput

·
8 Posts
My current delivery dates are July-August and i am still in 03 i was wondering has anyone actually got there car with those dates or are they going to change in all likelyhood? I am in Florida would that also have an impact meaning a shorter trip overseas? Also has anyone just jumped from 03 to lets say 10? Thanks for the imput
I would say those dates are very unlikely. I have an AWD Pro S with Gradient ordered, I locked on Feb 22nd, then when I moved to 05 in mid April my dates updated to 9/22-10/22 for delivery estimate. I then went to 10 within a week or so if I recall correctly with no new dates so I am holding out hopes for those dates but I wouldn't be super suprized if they update again when I move to 15-2 which is soon hopefully! lol. With everything I am reading I am definitly concerned that I may be into next year. VW said they are essentially sold out of EV's for 2022, there was no clarification on whether or not that meant sold out including orders that were already in or sold out with no more deliveries happening after a certain date. The US plant is supposed to open in Sept of this year so it's very possible our builds are postponed until then. Who knows, not a lot of transparancy here but with all that is goin on in the world I can't really complain too much.

·
365 Posts
I would say those dates are very unlikely. I have an AWD Pro S with Gradient ordered, I locked on Feb 22nd, then when I moved to 05 in mid April my dates updated to 9/22-10/22 for delivery estimate. I then went to 10 within a week or so if I recall correctly with no new dates so I am holding out hopes for those dates but I wouldn't be super suprized if they update again when I move to 15-2 which is soon hopefully! lol. With everything I am reading I am definitly concerned that I may be into next year. VW said they are essentially sold out of EV's for 2022, there was no clarification on whether or not that meant sold out including orders that were already in or sold out with no more deliveries happening after a certain date. The US plant is supposed to open in Sept of this year so it's very possible our builds are postponed until then. Who knows, not a lot of transparancy here but with all that is goin on in the world I can't really complain too much.
Thanks for the reply! Id venture to say there is a good chance i will see my car sometime this year. No one knows but i think VW meant any new orders like reservations but locked orders for production might still be ok. We will find out. By the way my configuaration was for a RWD -Pro-s

·
19 Posts
I just went 15-2 Monday 5/9, If I'm reading this shipping schedule right, there are 4 ships heading to Houston this month? Think I might have a decent chance on my ID hitching a ride on one
Font Rectangle Slope Material property Parallel

·
13 Posts
Finally hit 20-2 at some point over the past couple of days after a delay at 20-1 due to some sort of hold after production. I see SFL Conductor left Emden on 5/7 for Davisville. For those much more in the shipping know, how often do ships stopping on the East coast also make a Houston stop?
I think mine is on the same ship!

·
1 Posts
It's interesting to see that there has been so much thought put into estimating the lead times for ID.4s. Based on collective knowledge here (which is substantial!), if I placed a reservation on April 4th, when should I expect change in status and what's the best guess of when I would have a car to purchase? I assume I'm probably in the 2023 model range at this point.

·
23 Posts
I think mine is on the same ship!
It's interesting to see that there has been so much thought put into estimating the lead times for ID.4s. Based on collective knowledge here (which is substantial!), if I placed a reservation on April 4th, when should I expect change in status and what's the best guess of when I would have a car to purchase? I assume I'm probably in the 2023 model range at this point.
4/4/2023

·
8 Posts
Yes I would think next year sometime. From what I understand VW has pretty much said they are sold out for 2022, that's if I read the articles correctly.

Here is one of the articles.

661 - 680 of 785 Posts