Volkswagen ID Forum banner
681 - 700 of 785 Posts

·
147 Posts
Batches my friend, batches.
The AWD crew was saying the same thing when you locked so quickly I’m sure. 😉
dealership’s are going to get stock of 2023s made in TN before 8 month old 2022 orders are delivered. Its getting worse each month not better. Nothing we can do i just wanted to trade in my egolf on the lease appreciation. Although its going to be a year older car by the time any effect/delivery

thanks for trying anyway VW.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
This is getting bad. The dealership’s are going to get stock of 2023s made in TN before 8 month old 2022 orders are delivered. Its getting worse each month not better. Nothing we can do i just wanted to trade in my egolf on the lease appreciation. Although its going to be a year older car by the time any effect/delivery

thanks for trying anyway VW.
You can cancel your order and get a refund if you want and order a 23.

·
365 Posts
Pretty large batch of RWD cars with some locks and in 03 waiting to move up. All reserved and locked around the sametime.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Symmetry

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,370 Posts
It seems they have been prioritizing Pro S AWDs the past few weeks. So there should be a bunch of status updates to shipped and a bunch of locks behind that to backfill the open spots when they send the next batch of emails.

·
17 Posts
Sometime in the last 7 days or so, Base Pro RWD reservation finally updated to 15-2 status (in production) after sitting at 15-1 since end of January. Originally locked 2021.09.07. Portal shows delivery between 2022 JUL / SEP.

·
365 Posts
Sometime in the last 7 days or so, Base Pro RWD reservation finally updated to 15-2 status (in production) after sitting at 15-1 since end of January. Originally locked 2021.09.07. Portal shows delivery between 2022 JUL / SEP.
interesting! Thx for posting maybe a push for all RWD cars is coming? Mine is a RWD Pro-s still in 03.

·
23 Posts
Exactly in the same boat with my Pro S RWD. Initial order back in October/November. Have been in 15-2 for more than a week now, where "in production" probably translates to be aline item on some production spreadsheet..
Yay, just turned 20-1 today. White Pro S RWD. initial order on 11/11/21. ETA changed from “Mid year” to “July-Sept”.
hoping for an earlier arrival as my current lease runs out in a few weeks. Already brought my bicycle in stellar shape..:)
greetings from NorCal

·
789 Posts
Yay, just turned 20-1 today. White Pro S RWD. initial order on 11/11/21. ETA changed from “Mid year” to “July-Sept”.
hoping for an earlier arrival as my current lease runs out in a few weeks. Already brought my bicycle in stellar shape..:)
greetings from NorCal
I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but I would take the VW estimate as the best case. If it’s earlier than that, great, but VW knows more than anyone here about when the vehicle is likely to be delivered. If anything, they have been delivering way later than their estimates. It‘s a great car, no doubt, and worth the wait, but get ready to be super patient.

·
19 Posts
Just went 15-2, a few days ago as confirmed by the Firefox web developer tools method. I locked on 7/1/21 for a Pro RWD then changed to a Pro S RWD on 1/1/22 after the 11/30/21 VW email saying we would be upgraded to a 22 model. It's been a long wait, but I'm hoping our ID.4 will be in the driveway by August. I dropped by our local dealer (Salem, Oregon), yesterday, and found they had just received a Pro demo and would soon be getting a Pro S they planned to wrap with ID.4 ordering advertising. Seems we are moving in the right direction.

·
20 Posts
Hi, first-time poster here -- our family is looking to go completely electric. I currently have a '21 Tesla Model 3 and my wife has a '17 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. Just about to pull the trigger on the $100 deposit to get a no-frills base ID.4 Pro to replace her Outback (it has 92,000 miles on it, it's almost six years old, burning oil, and she's tired of paying $70 per fillup). From what I've read, production for 2022 seems to be completely done for.

Any idea of wait times into 2023 for new orders placed at this moment?

·
23 Posts
Hi, first-time poster here -- our family is looking to go completely electric. I currently have a '21 Tesla Model 3 and my wife has a '17 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. Just about to pull the trigger on the $100 deposit to get a no-frills base ID.4 Pro to replace her Outback (it has 92,000 miles on it, it's almost six years old, burning oil, and she's tired of paying $70 per fillup). From what I've read, production for 2022 seems to be completely done for.

Any idea of wait times into 2023 for new orders placed at this moment?
I’d recommend to just place an order. The $100 are fully refundable and it sdounds like you are not necessarily in a rush. Also make sure your dealer calls you with ID4 offers others stepped away from. (I had two offerend but both black which is a no go for me). Good luck

681 - 700 of 785 Posts