Volkswagen ID Forum banner
921 - 940 of 998 Posts

·
49 Posts
I just checked mine and it's now 20-2 too!
BTW, when I spoke to VW 3 days ago, I was told that the car left the port a week before. Maybe yours did too.
yeah my reservation page had been saying "on the way across the Atlantic" all the time it was in 20-1. Maybe these code meanings have changed?

I tried calling my VW dealer when it went 20-1 they had no new information. Will try again now.

I have noticed though as part of transitioning to 20-1 something changes in VW systems.
-> I got a few extra marketing emails from VW about the ID. 4.
-> I got a call from a random person at the VW dealership (not my assigned EV person) asking if I'm still in the market for a car. This guy had no idea about my ID 4 reservation/ etc. - just guessing my name showed up in some list on his system.

·
49 Posts
No. The rep told me that the ship's name wasn't available at the time.

Are you in NY? I am in NJ. I think our port is RI. That's all I know.
I'm in Westchester. At least that's consistent.
I recall people getting some kind of vessel ID from their dealer and then doing some sleuthing. Will try to do that if I have a few minutes free.

·
9 Posts
No. The rep told me that the ship's name wasn't available at the time.

Are you in NY? I am in NJ. I think our port is RI. That's all I know.
It's most likely the Siem Confucius, scheduled to arrive in RI on the 18th of June, departed Emden on the 7th of June. Mine just went to 20-2 today too, so hopefully I am in the same boat, pun intended. I've been monitoring the Emden port and the only other carrier heading our way that potentially has VW on it (even though its usually Audi) is the SFL Composer that left yesterday towards Halifax and then RI after that. I am also in NJ.

·
34 Posts
It's most likely the Siem Confucius, scheduled to arrive in RI on the 18th of June, departed Emden on the 7th of June. Mine just went to 20-2 today too, so hopefully I am in the same boat, pun intended. I've been monitoring the Emden port and the only other carrier heading our way that potentially has VW on it (even though its usually Audi) is the SFL Composer that left yesterday towards Halifax and then RI after that. I am also in NJ.
You rock!
Departing from Emden on June 7th makes sense because I was told on 13th that "your car left the port 7 days ago" by the VW rep.

BTW, that's the best pun ever. I hope we are all in the same boat! LOL.

·
9 Posts
You rock!
Departing from Emden on June 7th makes sense because I was told on 8th that "your car left the port 7 days ago" by the VW rep.

BTW, that's the best pun ever. I hope we are all in the same boat! LOL.
In Germany it was past midnight already so there it technically was already the 8h so the 7 days is absolutely accurate :D Been tracking all the port activity since end of May when it said my ID4 has completed production and someone shared a pdf with all the scheduled carrier vessels for the ID4 in Q1 2022, so I have kept my eye closely on the Siem Confucius.

·
944 Posts
I'm in MA, which should also be Davisville RI port.
You're right. MA deliveries come through Davisville. Hope you all get your ID.4s sooner rather than later. The waiting is the hardest part...

Mine arrived in Davisville in late January and then sat there for nearly 3 weeks before making it 60 miles away to the dealer in the Boston area.

Reactions: GreyID4

·
43 Posts
Does anyone have a WAG when the last ID4 produced for the US market in Germany will leave the port? Marking the start of the Chattanooga MY23 start? Do we still believe mid-July?

·
49 Posts
You're right. MA deliveries come through Davisville. Hope you all get your ID.4s sooner rather than later. The waiting is the hardest part...

Mine arrived in Davisville in late January and then sat there for nearly 3 weeks before making it 60 miles away to the dealer in the Boston area.
The ID4s at Davisville right now are going on almost 5 weeks. Hopefully they'll be sent home soon! :)

921 - 940 of 998 Posts