Volkswagen ID Forum banner
941 - 960 of 998 Posts

·
49 Posts
A software update?!?!
LOL.
Am I buying a laptop or a car?

I will definitely be after you so please keep us informed of your progress.
BTW, is your car in the spreadsheet?
There are a few threads on here (if you're up for more reading) about the cars being held at port such as:

And yes, I did add my info to the spreadsheet. :)

·
166 Posts

·
30 Posts
Local dealership just confirmed that my car is now listed in their online inventory, so it should be arriving VERY SOON. They tried to tell me that the delay so far was due to them "waiting for the carrier truck to fill up" so I gave them a longwinded rant about software upgrade follies and they said sounds like you know more about that than we do, VW doesn't tell us much

·
34 Posts
Local dealership just confirmed that my car is now listed in their online inventory, so it should be arriving VERY SOON. They tried to tell me that the delay so far was due to them "waiting for the carrier truck to fill up" so I gave them a longwinded rant about software upgrade follies and they said sounds like you know more about that than we do, VW doesn't tell us much
Congratulations!

How long did you wait after it arrived at the US port?
Where do you live?

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
133 Posts
OK... be patient with me. And I expect the answer to be a swift NO... but...

I have the VIN from my dealer but they say they don't know what ship it's on. It's been in 20-2 status for a couple of weeks according to the wheel of torture. Is there a way to search the ship manifests for the VIN to see what ship my vehicle is on?

·
9 Posts
OK... be patient with me. And I expect the answer to be a swift NO... but...

I have the VIN from my dealer but they say they don't know what ship it's on. It's been in 20-2 status for a couple of weeks according to the wheel of torture. Is there a way to search the ship manifests for the VIN to see what ship my vehicle is on?
Nope. If your dealer was able to tell you when it was supposed to be on a ship, you can reverse engineer which ship it was on based on the shipping schedule someone else posted here a while ago but nothing more accurate than that.

·
9 Posts
I just searched at my VW dealer's inventory and it has 19 new ID 4s in stock!!
What's going on here?
Since they were holding over 2200 ID4 at port for like 2 months awaiting the software update, the flood gates must have finally opened and they started releasing the cars from port en masse.

·
34 Posts
Since they were holding over 2200 ID4 at port for like 2 months awaiting the software update, the flood gates must have finally opened and they started releasing the cars from port en masse.
Hi Cardiac!

I just called the dealer. The dealer website is incorrect. They don't have ID 4s in stock.... yet. But it will SOON be available. All this from the receptionist who needs a big time raise as she has given me more information than anyone else at the dealer so far.

·
9 Posts
Hi Cardiac!

I just called the dealer. The dealer website is incorrect. They don't have ID 4s in stock.... yet. But it will SOON be available. All this from the receptionist who needs a big time raise as she has given me more information than anyone else at the dealer so far.
Ah yes, they would not be in stock. Technically it should be saying "in transit" on the dealer's inventory page (even though these are reserved by people). What i think is as soon as the order code hits the 30s it gets added to the dealer's inventory page as "in transit" automatically.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
If the dealers website has a picture of the actual car then it is most likely on the lot and for sale. Otherwise they most likely have been automatically added by VW and are in Transit to the dealer. Could be days, could be weeks.

On customer ordered cars the dealers do not usually take photos and post them. Waste of time for a car that is already sold.

·
34 Posts
Ah yes, they would not be in stock. Technically it should be saying "in transit" on the dealer's inventory page (even though these are reserved by people). What i think is as soon as the order code hits the 30s it gets added to the dealer's inventory page as "in transit" automatically.
What's your status code? Mine is still 20-2.
Have you checked your dealer's website to see if they have ID 4s in stock? LOL.

·
408 Posts
If the dealers website has a picture of the actual car then it is most likely on the lot and for sale. Otherwise they most likely have been automatically added by VW and are in Transit to the dealer. Could be days, could be weeks.

On customer ordered cars the dealers do not usually take photos and post them. Waste of time for a car that is already sold.
A local dealer was listing ordered vehicle as 'available' to trick people to call in then they tell them to place an order. They probably got a few complains to regulators then finally added "pending sales" on those vehicles.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD w/Gradient reserved 10/23/2021, locked 1/14/2022 - Moonstone
5 Posts
After weeks of sitting at 30-1, I actually moved to 30-2 today. My order seems to be sitting in Benicia awaiting the software update.

Reactions: GreyID4

·
34 Posts
A local dealer was listing ordered vehicle as 'available' to trick people to call in then they tell them to place an order. They probably got a few complains to regulators then finally added "pending sales" on those vehicles.
My dealer's website has ONE car with same color and trim as mine. (Coincidence? Maybe. Is it mine? I am hoping!)
The car's listing even shows VIN.
I know there are people who has VIN of their ID 4s.
Do you know where/how I can get mine?

941 - 960 of 998 Posts