Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1401 - 1420 of 1478 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 dusk blue Pro S AWD, ETA 9/30/22.
5 Posts
Has anyone ever got a configuration change email from VW? I did not change the configuration today.

i looked closely online and it looks like nothing changed. The only real option i added was the enhanced rear view mirror which is still there.

still in 03 locked; i am a 411 lock.

estimated delivery dates are still from july to august this year.

did any of the other 411 locks have anything that happened like this today? Or anyone else report configuration changes emails when they didnt do anything?
I just got the "Your VW ID.4 EV configuration has been successfully changed" email about 14 minutes ago and I did not make any changes and everything looks to be the same on my reservation. Mine is in the US, on a train to me, but no changes made on my end...

EDIT: upon further review, the base carrier bars that I had added were removed from my reservation. I guess I'm one of those that they were not added when the car was built so have to be added by the dealer...

·
45 Posts
According to the export schedule (see https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php?id=50&name=Volkswagen_Export_Schedule+KW30.2022.pdf) the Glovis Sunlight is scheduled to visit San Diego, CA on August 19th and Benicia, CA on August 22nd. Given that the schedule states August 4th for Emden and it actually left earlier, my hope is that they are ahead of schedule.

I've been in status 20-1 for 2 weeks and guess logistically it would make most sense to get my car via Benicia, CA as I'm in Northern California.

Thanks for the info. I am in Oregon and my status has been 20-1 for a couple of weeks as well. I have no idea if my vehicle is on that boat however. Did you call you dealer to find out? Or did you get it some other way?

Seems like our timing is close which is why I thought my car may be on that boat (and being on the west coast). Any info you can provide is helpful. And hoping the bill going through congress does not effect us..

·
3 Posts
Has anyone ever got a configuration change email from VW? I did not change the configuration today.

i looked closely online and it looks like nothing changed. The only real option i added was the enhanced rear view mirror which is still there.

did any of the other 411 locks have anything that happened like this today? Or anyone else report configuration changes emails when they didnt do anything?
I got similar email. My MSRP is lower now by about $800 and weather mats are gone!!! Previously they sent email about hitch. Hitch is not an option for RWD

·
197 Posts
I wondered if there is some small accessory i bought that is now removed. Maybe like a cargo net; i know I wouldn’t have bought the roof rails like mentioned above. Systemic for orders across the statuses.

the guys above orders are being delivered but i am still in lock

·
197 Posts
Maybe they are pulling accessories that they are short on to build out the models.

i think the muddy buddy trunk liner is missing, the rear seat cover, and rear sunshades are not in the accessories. Honestly though not sure if they ever showed up in the accessories tab on the vw id4 configuration website.

really wanted the sunshades my daughter has serious eye problems. Can they be added later not sure if they roll into the doors.

·
197 Posts
Okay i think they are just magnets.

If they are removing accessories they are thinking about getting the orders out

·
52 Posts
I just got the "Your VW ID.4 EV configuration has been successfully changed" email about 14 minutes ago and I did not make any changes and everything looks to be the same on my reservation. Mine is in the US, on a train to me, but no changes made on my end...

EDIT: upon further review, the base carrier bars that I had added were removed from my reservation. I guess I'm one of those that they were not added when the car was built so have to be added by the dealer...
I also checked mine again deep and found that the mud flaps or whatever they are called were removed from my config. Must’ve been out. Oh well, I’m good.

·
18 Posts
I've been at 15-1 for just over 3 weeks now. Got the note about the 1% price hike last week and stopped in to the dealership. Was glad to hear the dealer would be selling at MSRP.

Spoke to the Sales Manager and he was able to give me a tighter estimate of arrival date. The VW site says 9/1/22 to 11/1/22. The Sales Manager's estimate was about a 20 day range overlapping the end of October to the beginning of November. Glad to get a tighter range, now just have to keep waiting.

·
208 Posts

Still not getting VW emails (blaming my email provider serverside for that) but after seeing this discussion, I peeked at my reservation (which still remains at 15-2) and the splash guards and window shades are now gone.

The shades (for my daughter) I can order on my own, but now it looks like I'll need to request that the splash/mud guards be installed. It does look like the MSRP has dropped some, so I'm not being charged for the missing bits (unless I'm misremembering what it was; I didn't print to PDF initially like I probably should have).

For those who just got their cars, is the commission number in the API data also printed on the window sticker? If it is, that's how they're tracking who gets which car that comes in, I'm sure, when the portal fails to update.

·
10 Posts

I got the same email this morning, and mine is (supposedly) on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I think the only configuration changes that can happen out there are the ones that happened on Felicity Ace back in February :oops:

Too soon?

·
19 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am in Oregon and my status has been 20-1 for a couple of weeks as well. I have no idea if my vehicle is on that boat however. Did you call you dealer to find out? Or did you get it some other way?

Seems like our timing is close which is why I thought my car may be on that boat (and being on the west coast). Any info you can provide is helpful. And hoping the bill going through congress does not effect us..
I didn't get any information from my dealer yet. But my status changed to 20-2 today, i.e. the day after the Glovis Sunlight left Emden. This is the only vessel leaving Emden heading to US West Coast ports since mid-July and the next one in the schedule (CYGNUS LEADER) hasn't reached Emden yet.

·
45 Posts
I didn't get any information from my dealer yet. But my status changed to 20-2 today, i.e. the day after the Glovis Sunlight left Emden. This is the only vessel leaving Emden heading to US West Coast ports since mid-July and the next one in the schedule (CYGNUS LEADER) hasn't reached Emden yet.
so how do you know your car is on that specific boat? Is it because of the lock date? did you get a "lock date" email? I did not....

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,417 ·
so how do you know your car is on that specific boat? Is it because of the lock date? did you get a "lock date" email? I did not....
Because 20-2 means Left the port. Most get very few emails from VW and they are usually late or wrong.

·
208 Posts
Dealer portal, when it’s updating correctly, will show the ship number.

Thanks to @jkinneberg for the screenshot. I guess that they are changing ops to install accessories at dealerships instead of at port. When I got my GTI back in 2007, the appearance kit was put on at port, so I suppose things change.

Reactions: the ob

·
29 Posts
I've been at 20-1 for 3 weeks now. Hopefully my car made it onto the Glovis Sunlight. At this rate, by the time I get my id.4, the value of my trade-in will have dropped to nothing, and interest rates will be sky high :eek:

1401 - 1420 of 1478 Posts