Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1421 - 1440 of 1478 Posts

·
2015 BMW i3 REX ; 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport
16 Posts
I've been at 20-1 for 3 weeks now. Hopefully my car made it onto the Glovis Sunlight.
I hope my car made it onto the Glovis Sunlight too. I have been at 20-1 for 23 days.

·
4 Posts
I got"your ID.4 will be arriving very soon "email from dealer this morning.
"It was loaded onto the double decker vehicle carrier and is heading our way from San Diego.
Once it is unloaded off the truck, it goes into our Service Department for Pre-Delivery Inspection. Vehicles arrives in TRANSPORT Mode so our technicians have to set up your vehicle properly.
Then, we charge it 100% and give it a nice bath|"

·
52 Posts
I also checked mine again deep and found that the mud flaps or whatever they are called were removed from my config. Must’ve been out. Oh well, I’m good.
I contacted my dealer today about the second email I got today telling me that the mud flaps are a dealer installed option. They said they are available and ordered them for me. I think she will be here in the next 2 weeks or so. Cant wait! Hope you all get your soon as well!

Reactions: GreyID4

·
197 Posts
Its official 😜. Not really. But definitely in the category of maybe; or more true than not true. All 22 orders to be delivered in lock are a year old.

vw usa website now shows 23 as the current model year.

The 22 AWD from Germany are a year old as the 23 awd models are being made in the usa. RWD have about 50 days
to be formally a year old when delivered.

you would think one member from VWoA communications would opt in here and say they are scheduling all year old locks for production in the next x days; 30 might be the last courteous target left. But they probably know but are to scared to say it with the organization as it might impact their job..

·
52 Posts
Someone on Reddit has reported a status code of "01". They were 03 before. Seems new. Does anyone know what that is?
They are probably back to 01 becuase they will end up being switched to a 2023.

• Helpful
Reactions: wildpitcher

·
15 Posts
Well i am still showing 4/7 and 30-3 but....
1. Dealer sent me all the things needed to get the online deal done. Taskers completed.
2. The dealer told me that they expect the vehicle Monday.

·
8 Posts
My 2022 Pro got stuck in 15-2 more than 2 weeks now, regret that I didn't order a higher trim which will be much faster!

·
1 Posts
Long time lurker. Appreciate all of the info that people have provided. I ordered my id.4 Pro S on 12/12/21. Locked it on 2/21/22. Production delays. Got notified in early July that production was done and is headed to California. Contacted dealer. Different sales person said it should be able to pick up Sept 10-30. When I called today and spoke to sales, now telling me the pick up is Sept 30-Oct 10. I have asked specifically about what ship it is on and if it's being delivered to San Diego or to the closer Benecia. No response. There are several VW dealers on the Peninsula and choose this one because of the really good customer service. However, that person left and I am not getting any info. Anyone know how to get more detailed info? I have asked specifically, and am feeling impatient with the long wait. Thanks!

·
208 Posts
My 2022 Pro got stuck in 15-2 more than 2 weeks now, regret that I didn't order a higher trim which will be much faster!
Our numbers are growing. Mine's stuck, too, in what I think is a system error and the cars are actually built after 3-5 days of that status.

I'm hoping it's like the 20-1 people who still get the cars anyway. First half of September is my guess at this point for mine, but we'll have to see.

·
10 Posts
I got the same email this morning, and mine is (supposedly) on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I think the only configuration changes that can happen out there are the ones that happened on Felicity Ace back in February :oops:

Too soon?
My order finally went to 20-2 this morning, after six weeks at a 20-1 status. Also just yesterday I finally received the email from VW that my ID.4 was "Leaving the factory". I had believed my ID.4 was on SUPREME ACE, but now I'm thinking that it may be scheduled to embark on SFL COMPOSER. SFL COMPOSER was originally scheduled to depart Emden direct for Baltimore on Thursday, but is expected to arrive in Emden this afternoon.

·
11 Posts
I was sitting here kinda bummed that 2023 models are being produced while my car may or may not be on a boat yet. So I priced out a "comparable" 23 model online. 56K to add heated rear seats, upgraded sound system and a 3rd zone climate control...No way. That is like 4K more then the 22 model.

·
11 Posts
Question for everyone that has had a charging station installed in their garage. How much was it for an electrician to run the wire from you box and hard wire the charger? I was just quoted $1100 and 1250. Run from breaker is about 40 ft. I just have no perspective of costs for this. Thanks in advance!

·
11 Posts
My order finally went to 20-2 this morning, after six weeks at a 20-1 status. Also just yesterday I finally received the email from VW that my ID.4 was "Leaving the factory". I had believed my ID.4 was on SUPREME ACE, but now I'm thinking that it may be scheduled to embark on SFL COMPOSER. SFL COMPOSER was originally scheduled to depart Emden direct for Baltimore on Thursday, but is expected to arrive in Emden this afternoon.
Do you not think that you car is on the Siem Confucius considering it left this morning from Germany?

·
197 Posts
Question for everyone that has had a charging station installed in their garage. How much was it for an electrician to run the wire from you box and hard wire the charger? I was just quoted $1100 and 1250. Run from breaker is about 40 ft. I just have no perspective of costs for this. Thanks in advance!
Do it yourself. Its what a couple dollars per foot of wire. Yes its high gauge wire i would have to look at home depot but lets say $250 for gauge 6 wire. $30 for a breaker. A plug might be $10.

guys will take 2 to 3 hours to install if its a tough place. Your in the range or $250 an hour. Which is kinda crazy.

but probably realistic in many markets. You could probably get $500 install plus parts. If you shop around but the guys are going to want to be paid for 1/2 a day+ the owner a little as well.

also dont hardwire the charger. Wire it to a socket. Then wire the charger to a plug. Your going to change sizes and types of chargers over the next 20 years.

·
10 Posts
Do you not think that you car is on the Siem Confucius considering it left this morning from Germany?
Thanks much for pointing that out...I hadn't been considering that most of the Baltimore-bound ships have been delayed the past few weeks, and that maybe that Siem Confucius was also delayed. It would indeed make much more sense if it was on that one based on today's updated 20-2 status.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
449 Posts
I paid $2000 total:
  • $499 for ChargePoint+
  • $850 for the electrician
  • $651 for various parts (the wire was the most expensive thing)

·
11 Posts
Thanks much for pointing that out...I hadn't been considering that most of the Baltimore-bound ships have been delayed the past few weeks, and that maybe that Siem Confucius was also delayed. It would indeed make much more sense if it was on that one based on today's updated 20-2 status.
Yes. I haven't received an update today from the dealership but I am also hopeful that my car is also on Siem Confucius. Our 20-1 day is only off by one day (6-27) and we basically have the exact same car other then interior going to the same port.

1421 - 1440 of 1478 Posts