Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
20 Posts
You need to hold down the power button just to the left of the volume slider, not the volume down button, in order to restart the infotainment screen; your dealer gave you incorrect info.
Hold the power button on the left side of the Infotainment Center (the screen) next to the volume slider for 10 seconds. That will reboot the on-board computer and reset all those sensor alarms.

·
1 Posts
Does rebooting the onboard computer by holding down the power button unsubscribe you from Car-net? I had the proximity sensors beeping constantly today, and the rebooting trick worked, but then I got an email from car-net saying I unsubscribed from the service. I had to call them to get my account reactived….but my app is not allowing me to see the battery level of the car or start the climate control. It says my subscription doesn’t support those services. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
20 Posts
Does rebooting the onboard computer by holding down the power button unsubscribe you from Car-net? I had the proximity sensors beeping constantly today, and the rebooting trick worked, but then I got an email from car-net saying I unsubscribed from the service. I had to call them to get my account reactived….but my app is not allowing me to see the battery level of the car or start the climate control. It says my subscription doesn’t support those services. Has this happened to anyone else?
I think you can just reconnect carnet. Do you have your password. Also both carnet and electrify America apps get sometimes updated, and you have to put your user id and password again.

·
20 Posts
I had another of these sensor errors. This time the proximity sensor. It shuts down the ability to have the car follow the car in front of you with variable speed. Rebooting the entertainment console did nothing to this. After having the car in the garage for a few hours and then rebooting the console without sitting in the seat (i.e. car in off mode) did the trick.

Overall, this sensor-computer issue is my biggest problem with the Id4.

·
1 Posts
Has anyone experienced the proximity sensor continuing to chime after reversing out of a parking space or garage? This has occurred on two separate occasions for me.
1) Put car in reverse
2) Proximity sensor beeps
3) Cleared obstacle - continues to beep
4) Driving - continues to beep
5) Parked vehicle and locked doors - continues to beep
6) Started driving again after a few minutes of waiting - continues to beep
(anyone see a pattern yet?)
7) Returned home - continues to beep
8) Parked car, locked doors, plugged in - continues to beep

Stopped after nearly 10 minutes of being plugged in. Thoughts, advice?
Yep, exact same problem here. Holding down the power button on the Infotainment system for about 15 seconds stopped it - but ears are still ringing from hideous noise for 30 minutes whilst I tried to figure out how to stop it.

Clearly a fault, I assume VW monitors these posts - perhaps a comment and apology will follow?

·
3 Posts
Has anyone experienced the proximity sensor continuing to chime after reversing out of a parking space or garage? This has occurred on two separate occasions for me.
1) Put car in reverse
2) Proximity sensor beeps
3) Cleared obstacle - continues to beep
4) Driving - continues to beep
5) Parked vehicle and locked doors - continues to beep
6) Started driving again after a few minutes of waiting - continues to beep
(anyone see a pattern yet?)
7) Returned home - continues to beep
8) Parked car, locked doors, plugged in - continues to beep

Stopped after nearly 10 minutes of being plugged in. Thoughts, advice?
It’s happened to me twice in the last three days. What to do?

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
It’s happened to me twice in the last three days. What to do?
Reboot by holding the power button down as others have suggested and start a case with Customer Care 800-822-8987

·
49 Posts
Hey guys, I had the same problem today and I've had the car 3 days. In my case I park in a pretty small garage so when I go into reverse the sensor automatically detects the wall. Idk, I'm going to try to recreate the problem. Luckily the holding power button worked for me.

·
19 Posts
Hmmm, that's problematic. There's always the 'reboot': get out of the car, lock car, get back in and restart. But this is understandably frustrating.

You've reminded me of another odd behavior (but one that is more likely intended): after I back out of a space, shift into drive, and roll forward, the rear camera operates for ~10 seconds. I find this somewhat distracting. I'd love a front facing camera when I'm trying to navigate tight parking, but a rear-facing camera while moving forward is just odd.
Reboot doesn’t stop it. I am literally going n the highway and it still beeping. I stopped and did a button restart. I got out and locked it. This is not cool.

·
128 Posts
I just created a thread for this and basically did the exact same thing the OP did. After a few blocks, stopped and rebooted infotainment and the beeping stopped.

·
1,051 Posts
I just created a thread for this and basically did the exact same thing the OP did. After a few blocks, stopped and rebooted infotainment and the beeping stopped.
what usually helps is to let the car boot up first before stepping on the brake. so sit in it for 20 - 30 seconds until all the recent destinations in the nav go green (indication that everything is booted and online), and only then step on the brake to wake up the remaining systems. 2.3 should improve both the boot times as well as the chance that this happens.

·
Super Moderator
1,438 Posts
Thread deleted

·
128 Posts
Thread deleted
Thanks!

what usually helps is to let the car boot up first before stepping on the brake. so sit in it for 20 - 30 seconds until all the recent destinations in the nav go green (indication that everything is booted and online), and only then step on the brake to wake up the remaining systems. 2.3 should improve both the boot times as well as the chance that this happens.
Agree that some patience seems to mitigate many of these issues. I'm usually more patient but kids were running late for school this morning so I just jumped in and left...it probably ended up costing more time having to stop and troubleshoot so the kids didn't have residual ringing in their ears all day.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts