Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,322 Posts
Thank you for the reply No gradient trim and no additions , here is the quote i got then they said Addendum charge can be removed.
MSRP -- 46,250.00
Addendum -- 1995.00
Dealer Service fee -- 699.00
Tag & License Fee -- 390.00
Doc stamps -- 186.20
Elec.Filing fee -- 132.95
Additional fees -- 51.50
total taxes -- 3,485.84( 6.5% tax)
Total -- 53,190.49
You asked for "fair." The line items I bolded above is fair. Everything else is profit taking.

There is a salesman who pops in on this forum from time to time who claims he'll sell you an ID4 at MSRP and ship it anywhere in the US. I can't vouch for him, but look him up. Your quote is basically marked up $3,000.

·
654 Posts
There is a salesman who pops in on this forum from time to time who claims he'll sell you an ID4 at MSRP and ship it anywhere in the US. I can't vouch for him, but look him up.
He is the owner of one of the biggest VW dealers in Denver area, @femich on here. Its legit and a good deal, but I don't know how much of a hassle the paperwork, sales tax, and shipping would be. But to save $3000 some might even fly into Denver and drive it home.

Reactions: Huey52

·
64 Posts
What's that addendum fee? Looks like too many types of fees!

I didn't argue my 699 dealership fee and thought that was good enough.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,016 Posts
I too paid MSRP (mandatory VW one-size-fits-all Destination included), State Tax & Title/License. No other fees.

You asked for "fair." The line items I bolded above is fair. Everything else is profit taking.

There is a salesman who pops in on this forum from time to time who claims he'll sell you an ID4 at MSRP and ship it anywhere in the US. I can't vouch for him, but look him up. Your quote is basically marked up $3,000.

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
My dealer has a $499 dealer service fee. I asked them to remove it and they ended up adding $500 to my trade. I thought the original offer for the trade was fair, comparing it to car buying services and figuring in sales tax savings.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My dealer has a $499 dealer service fee. I asked them to remove it and they ended up adding $500 to my trade. I thought the original offer for the trade was fair, comparing it to car buying services and figuring in sales tax savings.
I usually say, "I'll pay the dealer fee, but can you take off $499 from the MSRP?" Same thing, less offensive to the dealer.

·
13 Posts
He is the owner of one of the biggest VW dealers in Denver area, @femich on here. Its legit and a good deal, but I don't know how much of a hassle the paperwork, sales tax, and shipping would be. But to save $3000 some might even fly into Denver and drive it home.
First off, I am a VW dealer not a salesperson. I am happy to help give a fair deal. Either here or via email at [email protected].

·
46 Posts
Anyone else think it's weird that the dealers that got burned on pre-orders (people ordering and not taking deliveries) aren't willing to make deals on their in-stock inventory? If you look on CarGurus.com for zip code 90034 (Culver City, CA), there are 17 pages of ID4s available within 100 miles. 8 of those listings are 1st Editions all listed at MSRP pricing and have been on CarGurus for over 100 days+. You'd think they would want to get rid of them off their lots.

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
87 Posts
Anyone else think it's weird that the dealers that got burned on pre-orders (people ordering and not taking deliveries) aren't willing to make deals on their in-stock inventory? If you look on CarGurus.com for zip code 90034 (Culver City, CA), there are 17 pages of ID4s available within 100 miles. 8 of those listings are 1st Editions all listed at MSRP pricing and have been on CarGurus for over 100 days+. You'd think they would want to get rid of them off their lots.
It's a seller's market right now - highly doubt you'll manage any deals especially if you're in California. The issue with inventory websites like cars.com and cargurus.com is that they also list inventory that the dealer is receiving which are already sold to reservation holders.

·
ID.4 FE MB
53 Posts
8 of those listings are 1st Editions all listed at MSRP pricing and have been on CarGurus for over 100 days+. You'd think they would want to get rid of them off their lots.
In my experience a lot of the 1st edition listings are demo models that aren’t actually for sale.

·
64 Posts
Those are test drive units and not available for sale

·
17 Posts
We got 2k off MSRP on our Pro S last week at Brooklyn VW. We did not preorder, just walked in and asked about the cars posted on their website (they had several). They advertised the discounted price right on their website and honored it during negotiations. No bait and switch.

They were very motivated to make the sale unlike the other 3 dealerships in the NYC area that we had visited first. All the others had said they would not discount, and it really seemed like they did not even want to make the sale. So strange. So I think it is really dealer dependent...

·
4 Posts
We got 2k off MSRP on our Pro S last week at Brooklyn VW. We did not preorder, just walked in and asked about the cars posted on their website (they had several). They advertised the discounted price right on their website and honored it during negotiations. No bait and switch.

They were very motivated to make the sale unlike the other 3 dealerships in the NYC area that we had visited first. All the others had said they would not discount, and it really seemed like they did not even want to make the sale. So strange. So I think it is really dealer dependent...
That specific dealer probably has some sales targets (either from VW or from the dealer's owner) that they need to hit this month, and it's probably not looking good at the moment. They are movtivated to get buyers in and get some sales. It's not unusal to see one dealer motivated to get buyers while others aren't so motivated.

·
2021 VW iD4 1st Edition Glacier White
158 Posts
Some dealers have many orphan cars from cancelled orders. Just look at their inventory and if you have a choice go to a dealer that has many cars, some dealer I have seen have 40+ iD4s in stock. If they have just a few they won't discount because the cars are selling relatively quickly these days.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
My ID.4 has arrived and will be picking it up on Friday. The dealer honored the low money factor and hasn't added any additional items to the price. I'm paying MSRP and the various taxes and fees. I hate buying cars, but this has been a good process for me.

Reactions: JPWhite and LifeInJ

·
31 Posts
Some dealers have many orphan cars from cancelled orders. Just look at their inventory and if you have a choice go to a dealer that has many cars, some dealer I have seen have 40+ iD4s in stock. If they have just a few they won't discount because the cars are selling relatively quickly these days.
My local dealer showed 16 ID4s in stock but when I checked it out there were only 2 on the lot. The inventory online includes cars ordered online (so allocated to customer orders) as well as cars for sale that are still in transit. So the inventory number is much higher than what a dealer actually has available to sell.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts