Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing a quick flash of purple color on the display behind my steering wheel, and I think it is occurring whenever the automatic headlights are turning on or off. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
I was getting a yellow flash and was wondering if it was related to a ACC or Travel Assist warning

I was getting a yellow flash and was wondering if it was related to a ACC or Travel Assist warning
Did you ever figure out what was causing the screen t flash yellow? We have had it happen several times now, only last a second at the most.

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
I took it in for service along with a couple other questions, they couldn't reproduce it, sigh. I may have to see if I can talk directly to the mechanic and not the customer service guys next time.

With the complaint of the dash screen flashing for a split second (yellow), I have had this come to my service centre. I couldn't replicate the fault several times then one time out the corner of my eye I noticed it went very yellow then back to normal.

There was no faults in the memory and no warning on the dash. What I did was re-adapted the battery and also swapped the dash screen with one from the demonstrator cars.

The ID.4 hasn't yet come back to the centre after 2 months so I assume it was the dash screen defective.

Just read about the "flashing" on the Speed Instrument cluster.

I took delivery of my ID.4 First Edition in the UK - end of March 2021

Within a week I noticed the "flashing" (amber and cyan occasionally) ... The car went into my dealer on over 6 occasions for various issues, including the flashing display. After reporting this and explaining this was only occasional and very intermittent, VW UK HO stupidly asked me (in an email) to provide some proof, like recording it on my phone !! (ffs - it's illegal in the UK to hold a mobile phone while driving) ... anyway it went into the dealer for a sixth visit to fix more problems - and then a couple of hours later the technician called me to say he had seen it blink/flash (wow - I was jumping up and down in joy - that someone now believed me!) ...

My dealers solution was to swap the speed instrument cluster - from their "loan/Demo ID.4" for mine - and ever since that problem is resolved !

Hope that helps another owner with the same issue !

and also swapped the dash screen with one from the demonstrator cars.

The ID.4 hasn't yet come back to the centre after 2 months so I assume it was the dash screen defective.
Loads of ID.4 Demo cars driving around with faulty speed displays ...

As it would seam that VW Milton Keynes don't think they have a problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts