Volkswagen ID Forum banner

401 - 420 of 472 Posts

·
24 Posts
I was the very first one, so they didn’t even know how to process the CA 1,500 instant rebate. Also didn’t get my EA code, which I will call about. That held things up a bit. But everyone was friendly and they had all my info ready.

now that I’ve been the test dummy, I assume things will be much smoother going forward.

·
49 Posts
How does the climatization work in the car? I have it set to turn on with unlock but I went on a short drive, came home, parked, locked car and then got this alert about 20 minutes after getting home? Was it really running and wasting charge?

·
ID.4 1st Edition
149 Posts
I’ve searched the forum but I can’t find a thread that discusses this yet. Has anyone seen the discussion of this issue?

·
58 Posts
What do you guys recommend or use on the white steering wheel? I want to treat or seal it kinda to help pre ent it from getting all stained up in the future

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
250 Posts
What do you guys recommend or use on the white steering wheel? I want to treat or seal it kinda to help pre ent it from getting all stained up in the future
I think this one covers it pretty well:

·
58 Posts
I think this one covers it pretty well:
Thank you very much! I vaugly remembered that topic but couldn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
794 Posts
I used Griot's Garage leather 3-in-1.

I like Zaino "leather in a bottle" too but don't currently have any on hand.

·
58 Posts
I know the interface is different for the ID.4, but on my Golf, I can "pull down to refresh" (and there's even a little note at the top of the screen saying so). Even if the label isn't there for the ID.4, maybe it still works the same way.

View attachment 2075
Is this screen still a thing on the ID4? I thought I saw remote unlock and lock mentioned but nothing of the sorts has popped up on my carnet app

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
47 Posts
Is this screen still a thing on the ID4? I thought I saw remote unlock and lock mentioned but nothing of the sorts has popped up on my carnet app

As a new owner of a FE ID.4, I can say that CarNet is virtually worthless. There are 3 options:
  1. Battery Level
  2. Car Climate (which often fails to sync with the car), and
  3. Charge Stations (location, but no detail)
Wish I could offer better news.

·
58 Posts
As a new owner of a FE ID.4, I can say that CarNet is virtually worthless. There are 3 options:
  1. Battery Level
  2. Car Climate (which often fails to sync with the car), and
  3. Charge Stations (location, but no detail)
Wish I could offer better news.
Ahh gotcha welt thanks for confirming I find it odd they don't offer more like the cars definitely capable of it

·
9 Posts
How does the climatization work in the car? I have it set to turn on with unlock but I went on a short drive, came home, parked, locked car and then got this alert about 20 minutes after getting home? Was it really running and wasting charge? View attachment 2095
If you activate the auxiliary climate control, it will run for 30 minutes unless you turn it off. See Bjørn Nylands latest video about the WeConnect app.

·
9 Posts
I think something is wrong on my 1st (non Max), but I am not sure. Now, I know there is an external speaker humming to alert pedestrians. This speaker grows in pitch as your speed increases (there are videos from VW for ID3 where you can hear it). The problem I have, is that I can hear this speaker inside the car, and it never changes pitch. From 45-55km/h it is very intense in volume, but no change in pitch from the low hum it initially has. I have complained to the dealer, who in turn claim they hear nothing wrong. I took the technician with me on a ride, and he claims two things: the sound I hear is normal (i have not heard it that intense in any of my other EVs, including an ID3 Max), or the sound he hears is from the wheels. I don't believe the second since I hear the same "hum" even driving on gravel roads.

The speaker is supposed to turn of at 30km/h AFAIK, so it makes no sense that I hear the hum at 70km/h +.

It might be the electric motor, of course, but if I floor it i also hear a second high pitched hum which I am familiar with from my other EVs. My "hum" sounds like someone is blowing into an empty bottle and it sort of resonnates inside the cabin. I have an audio extract from my phone if anyone knows how I can attach it (MP3).

If the sound is supposed to be there (we will test drive a second ID4 with the same tires), then I am really disappointed in the sound insulation.

Edit: Link from my dropbox

Edit again: Am I just insane?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
A Dutch company are "upgrading" ID.3 audio systems. Which has only front speakers [4.1, no rears]. What they are doing is just changing the speakers without coding it in the system, so the system doesnt know there are now 6 [7 with a sub] speakers. 7.1 system.

ID.4 wont have this issue because its already have a 6.1 system, only lacking a subwoofer, so just swapping the speakers would be already good and adding the sub in the trunk and combining it with the DSP will be "enough". Im personally waiting if VW will release an OEM subwoofer when they release the MY2022 versions with their "BRAND" speakers.
I found this info in the 2020 ID.4 manual pdf, page 221, that was posted earlier by some kind soul. Is this the European sound system version? It doesn't seem to match your description above. Where do you think they would place the 7th speaker, presumably a subwoofer?

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
308 Posts
Where do you think they would place the 7th speaker, presumably a subwoofer?
Here are the US 7 speaker locations with the sub (#6) shown in the rear storage compartment just to tantalize us! The 9 speaker option adds 1 extra speaker in each rear door. The question I am now asking is "can we retro fit the Euro system in the US one" and #7 in the picture is the Digital Sound System Control Module

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Here are the US 7 speaker locations with the sub (#6) shown in the rear storage compartment just to tantalize us! The 9 speaker option adds 1 extra speaker in each rear door. The question I am now asking is "can we retro fit the Euro system in the US one" and #7 in the picture is the Digital Sound System Control Module

View attachment 2503
Thanks, RocketVol. I would also like to know if the stock wiring harness is preconfigured for this option? if so, and the European parts are too expensive, could an aftermarket amp and subwoofer be connected. And if speaker wiring is in place in the rear doors, perhaps speakers could be easily added there, as well. The Fender system in my GTI is one of the best stock systems I've come across and I've left it stock, unlike my previous two cars in which I added/replaced components to get the sound I wanted. I hate that VW cheaped out the system in a car this expensive.

·
2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
308 Posts
Thanks, RocketVol. I would also like to know if the stock wiring harness is preconfigured for this option? if so, and the European parts are too expensive, could an aftermarket amp and subwoofer be connected. And if speaker wiring is in place in the rear doors, perhaps speakers could be easily added there, as well. The Fender system in my GTI is one of the best stock systems I've come across and I've left it stock, unlike my previous two cars in which I added/replaced components to get the sound I wanted. I hate that VW cheaped out the system in a car this expensive.
I have the same questions, and unfortunately the factory manuals don't give the exact pinouts for the connectors yet so I can't really see how hard it will be. I am thinking of upgrading speakers as a first step to see if makes a big enough difference. I upgraded my Phaeton stereo and it required a change of the digital sound system controller and a complete re-pining of the connectors because almost every wire, and even the connectors were just a little different. If I had to guess I would bet that the stereo controller is different, but the European part would plug in and give all of the functions with some rewiring. And I am also betting that the cost for that module will be high and, to me at least, not worth it right now. I had the benefit of doing mine many years after production stopped and got a junk yard controller for $50.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
388 Posts

View attachment 2503
Dollars to donuts the space is there physically, but perhaps fascias are not. But adding a processor and a sub and replacing the existing 7 speakers would not be out of the question.

Reactions: RocketVol

·
301 Posts
New question: Has anyone looked into the expense and wiring of retro-fitting the lighted VW logo on NA FE. And what are the part numbers?

401 - 420 of 472 Posts