Volkswagen ID Forum banner

461 - 480 of 558 Posts

·
365 Posts
Observation: last night about midnight, driving slowly through my neighborhood, a bunch of deer were crossing the road. As I approached them, first they froze, then they scattered as they heard my passenger warning. At least that's what I thought 🙃.

·
2021 Pro-S
60 Posts
Observation: last night about midnight, driving slowly through my neighborhood, a bunch of deer were crossing the road. As I approached them, first they froze, then they scattered as they heard my passenger warning. At least that's what I thought 🙃.
To test it, do the same thing again, only this time with different deer.

·
365 Posts
Looking to buy a lug bolt alignment tool for my FE. Does anyone know off the top of your head, is the lug bolt 1/4mm 1.5?
I don't want to go out and measure it. To lazy today.

·
365 Posts
A bit confused - you indicate M14 x 1.5 x 35 but link to a M14 x 1.5 x 27. If you drill down using the link, the vendor says it does not fit the ID.4.
What am I missing? BTW is there a locking wheel bolt set you'd recommend?
FE came with locking wheel bolts. Don't know about other models.

·
23 Posts
Ok True Believers! Here is a new question to those that have the vaunted ID.4. My wife and I were riding in the back of our Nieces Jeep Renegade this weekend and aside from the crappy legroom, the seatbelts were grabbing into our necks and it sucked ... real bad. Now I may be entering geezer phase or maybe I'm not used to the back seat as I usually drive, but it got me to asking. Whats the seatbelt sitch (there I am with the cool kid lingo) in the backseat? We tested leg room, but didn't test that, when we did our Drive Experience.
The back seat is very roomy and comfortable. took a trip to Atlanta this weekend with 4 adults and luggage. very comfortable and quiet ride was the response from my back seat passengers.

·
365 Posts
Never saw this view before.

I never swiped the right lower view button to the left twice. Doh 🙄. Ya learn something new every day. Even a month after taking delivery.
I've found that to maintain a steady set speed ACC, in B mode and ECO, I have to set the speed 1 mph over your desired speed.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
The back seat is very roomy and comfortable. took a trip to Atlanta this weekend with 4 adults and luggage. very comfortable and quiet ride was the response from my back seat passengers.
Thank you. And no complaints about the seatbelts?

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
What sort of grade for initial quality would you give your ID.4? (1-10) 10 being perfect.

·
9 Posts
Has anyone tried to use the haptic steering wheel controls and/or the touch-screen while wearing Winter gloves, or even driving gloves? I know the touch-screen on my e-Golf doesn't work when I have gloves on, but the ID.4 uses touch/haptic controls for almost everything, and I'm wondering if I would have to remove my gloves in Winter to operate the controls.

·
628 Posts
Are you able to transfer the reservation once a dealership has your car?
Transferring dealership is difficult after the car leaves the factory. Once it is on the dealers lot, it can't be changed from what I was told.

Reactions: Imeaus

·
White Pro S
83 Posts
Has anyone tried to use the haptic steering wheel controls and/or the touch-screen while wearing Winter gloves, or even driving gloves? I know the touch-screen on my e-Golf doesn't work when I have gloves on, but the ID.4 uses touch/haptic controls for almost everything, and I'm wondering if I would have to remove my gloves in Winter to operate the controls.

That's a really good point, and I hope they've thought of that since the steering wheel supercruise or whatever senses your hands that way too.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
So I've been trying to figure this out; in videos from YouTubers like Kyle and @ID.Furkan I see that the expanded ACC/Travel Assist view in the binnacle screen shows the car ahead of you in the lane you're currently in, as well as cars in the lanes next to you. But in my car, if I'm in the middle of a 3 lane highway, I only see anything in my own lane. The areas off to the left and right are just blank areas on the screen, there's no indication of the left/right lanes or the cars in them. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing, or is this a glitch I should ask my dealer about fixing? It is consistently like this all the time so far, not intermittent.

·
2021 Pro-S
60 Posts
So I've been trying to figure this out; in videos from YouTubers like Kyle and @ID.Furkan I see that the expanded ACC/Travel Assist view in the binnacle screen shows the car ahead of you in the lane you're currently in, as well as cars in the lanes next to you. But in my car, if I'm in the middle of a 3 lane highway, I only see anything in my own lane. The areas off to the left and right are just blank areas on the screen, there's no indication of the left/right lanes or the cars in them. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing, or is this a glitch I should ask my dealer about fixing? It is consistently like this all the time so far, not intermittent.
Did you trying swiping across the "View" button area on the steering wheel to the LEFT one or two times?

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
Did you trying swiping across the "View" button area on the steering wheel to the LEFT one or two times?
Yeah, even when I'm in that view with the left side expanded it still doesn't show other lanes

461 - 480 of 558 Posts