Volkswagen ID Forum banner

481 - 500 of 558 Posts

·
28 Posts
Yeah, even when I'm in that view with the left side expanded it still doesn't show other lanes
It doesn't show the vehicles in the other lanes in mine, either. Must be some setting that we haven't enabled yet? I have not really looked in to those settings yet, either.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
It doesn't show the vehicles in the other lanes in mine, either. Must be some setting that we haven't enabled yet? I have not really looked in to those settings yet, either.
My first instinct was that maybe it was another feature reduction from the euro version to the US version, but then I saw it in Kyle's video...

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
89 Posts
It is working on mine, and I don't remember having to enable anything. I'll have to check the assist section next time I'm out and see if anything jumps out.

Reactions: theboomr

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
754 Posts
It is working on mine, and I don't remember having to enable anything. I'll have to check the assist section next time I'm out and see if anything jumps out.
Yes, I see it too. It uses different graphics for cars and trucks too. Try turning on travel assist and/or ACC and see if you get additional information.

·
335 Posts
Yes, I see it too. It uses different graphics for cars and trucks too. Try turning on travel assist and/or ACC and see if you get additional information.
Yeah, even when I'm using Travel Assist it still has only shown my own lane. I do see the differentiation for cars and trucks though, whichever happens to be directly in front of me.

·
94 Posts
Yeah, even when I'm using Travel Assist it still has only shown my own lane. I do see the differentiation for cars and trucks though, whichever happens to be directly in front of me.
Have you tried maximizing the Assist display by swiping the view button on the steering wheel to the right?

·
335 Posts
Have you tried maximizing the Assist display by swiping the view button on the steering wheel to the right?
Yep, have definitely tried that.
Kind of sounds like you might not be fully up to date software wise...
My infotainment shows 0792, and I know my car was made in production week 8 as well, which means it should've come out of the factory with 0792/2.1, so I wouldn't expect that there could be anything funky that might've happened during an update process...but you never know.

·
ID.4 FE GW
281 Posts
What sort of grade for initial quality would you give your ID.4? (1-10) 10 being perfect.
I'd give mine something around 5 or 6 - failing grade on implementation but it had some potential to start with. Too many bugs (impossible to charge on a schedule, frequent drive mode failures) and low quality implementations (storage, audio).

I have had it for 5 weeks and have spent more time taking it to and from the dealer's service shop, documenting its problems (most shared by all other ID.4s), communicating with VW, and getting its junk parts retrofit by 3rd party installers than driving it.

·
335 Posts
I'd give mine something around 5 or 6 - failing grade on implementation but it had some potential to start with. Too many bugs (impossible to charge on a schedule, frequent drive mode failures) and low quality implementations (storage, audio).

I have had it for 5 weeks and have spent more time taking it to and from the dealer's service shop, documenting its problems (most shared by all other ID.4s), communicating with VW, and getting its junk parts retrofit by 3rd party installers than driving it.
I know you've had a large number of issues with your ID.4, but it's really not fair to use your own anecdotal experience and the similar experiences of a few others on a specific online forum to generalize and say ALL ID.4s have the same issues yours has.

·
ID.4 FE GW
281 Posts
I know you've had a large number of issues with your ID.4, but it's really not fair to use your own anecdotal experience and the similar experiences of a few others on a specific online forum to generalize and say ALL ID.4s have the same issues yours has.
It is important to acknowledge reality if you want to fix problems.

Everybody who has tried the delayed charging test has reported that it fails to charge the car to the specified level. There are also multiple reports from others on screens going black, ACC quitting / not available, and other intermittent issues that occur relatively frequently.

I have experienced few problems, bugs, and failures with my car that have not been reported widely by others. However, I am not sweeping these under the rug. I am doing due diligence in documenting them and reporting them to VW and taking them to my dealer. Ignoring them will not get them fixed!!

I do acknowledge that some quality issues are subjective. The ID.4 has disappointed me in those area but perhaps others had lower expectations for it's audio and cargo / storage.

I responded to a question that asked for people's opinions / ratings of the car. I stated my rating and relayed my experiences with the car. I think that people should know about its plusses and minuses - I wish I did when I was deciding whether to buy it. I would have made a different decision.

·
335 Posts
It is important to acknowledge reality if you want to fix problems.

Everybody who has tried the delayed charging test has reported that it fails to charge the car to the specified level. There are also multiple reports from others on screens going black, ACC quitting / not available, and other intermittent issues that occur relatively frequently.

I have experienced few problems, bugs, and failures with my car that have not been reported widely by others. However, I am not sweeping these under the rug. I am doing due diligence in documenting them and reporting them to VW and taking them to my dealer. Ignoring them will not get them fixed!!

I do acknowledge that some quality issues are subjective. The ID.4 has disappointed me in those area but perhaps others had lower expectations for it's audio and cargo / storage.

I responded to a question that asked for people's opinions / ratings of the car. I stated my rating and relayed my experiences with the car. I think that people should know about its plusses and minuses - I wish I did when I was deciding whether to buy it. I would have made a different decision.
I'm certainly not questioning your rating that you gave the car, that is totally subjective and you are entitled to that, and I agree the number you gave seems appropriate in your case.

I'm not ignoring anything. I've seen the reports of bugs here on this forum as well, including the others who have the same issue with delayed charging. But software bugs can and usually do affect a subset of the total population of users. Just because a dozen or so people on this forum report the same issues doesn't mean every single ID.4 also has the issues.

I agree with your statement that problems should be reported in order for them to get solved, and if VWoA is not taking your issues seriously just because they "don't have enough similar reports" then that's a shame and very unfortunate. It just bothers me when you misrepresent things by making sweeping claims about "all" ID.4s, just based on a relatively small number of reports when there are thousands of ID.4s out there with owners who have never even heard of our forum.

·
ID.4 FE GW
281 Posts
I'm certainly not questioning your rating that you gave the car, that is totally subjective and you are entitled to that, and I agree the number you gave seems appropriate in your case.

I'm not ignoring anything. I've seen the reports of bugs here on this forum as well, including the others who have the same issue with delayed charging. But software bugs can and usually do affect a subset of the total population of users. Just because a dozen or so people on this forum report the same issues doesn't mean every single ID.4 also has the issues.

I agree with your statement that problems should be reported in order for them to get solved, and if VWoA is not taking your issues seriously just because they "don't have enough similar reports" then that's a shame and very unfortunate. It just bothers me when you misrepresent things by making sweeping claims about "all" ID.4s, just based on a relatively small number of reports when there are thousands of ID.4s out there with owners who have never even heard of our forum.
I think that it would be most productive if we stuck to reality and did not make things up. I attempted to give an honest assessment of my own car, and I am sorry if that bothers you. I never "(made) sweeping claims about "all" ID.4s" as you have attested. I could not find anything I said close to that in the posts you quoted, so please do not attribute that to me.

I do stick my the statement that "Everybody who has tried the delayed charging test has reported that it fails to charge the car to the specified level" based on posts in the charging fault thread in this forum. You can prove me wrong by finding a single post where a person has configured their car for delayed charging and has achieved the specified SOC at their departure time - everybody who has reported that they tried the test has reported that it failed at least once.

·
335 Posts
Have either of you noticed if that view is only displayed when driving on a freeway, or something? It occurred to me that I've mostly only been driving on city roads and highways, which are often 3 or more lanes wide each direction, but I thought mayyyybe the car only displays lanes to each side if you drive on a "big enough" freeway or something like that...seems unlikely, but figured I'd ask anyway. If I can't get this figured out then it's definitely a bug that I'll bring up at my double check appointment and probably contact VWoA about it as well.

·
49 Posts
Have either of you noticed if that view is only displayed when driving on a freeway, or something? It occurred to me that I've mostly only been driving on city roads and highways, which are often 3 or more lanes wide each direction, but I thought mayyyybe the car only displays lanes to each side if you drive on a "big enough" freeway or something like that...seems unlikely, but figured I'd ask anyway. If I can't get this figured out then it's definitely a bug that I'll bring up at my double check appointment and probably contact VWoA about it as well.
I think it's both (multi-lane road) and expand the view with the button.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
89 Posts
Have either of you noticed if that view is only displayed when driving on a freeway, or something
I checked today, and travel assist has to be on. I was on the road with cars next to me, and the other lanes did not show up until I enabled travel assist.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
Here’s what I hope is a new question. Is there a way to change the VW map/navigation view to a “night” or dark view when the headlights come on? The map is quite bright and I have found such an option on my other cars. I haven’t found such an option … yet. It might be a more global choice.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
Vehicle-Interior-Lighting-Design- Dark or Light selections

There is No day-night Auto switchover that I've seen either, but I leave mine in "Dark" regardless @ 100% manual slider setting [@ 100% and Light setting it's Really BRIGHT].

There may also be a "Hello ID, darken cockpit" command but I've not tried same.

btw: my prior Audi had a day/night auto function but it was unreliable so I programmed its steering wheel button (*) to manually accommodate. Always issues, but workarounds, there are. ;)
Here’s what I hope is a new question. Is there a way to change the VW map/navigation view to a “night” or dark view when the headlights come on? The map is quite bright and I have found such an option on my other cars. I haven’t found such an option … yet. It might be a more global choice.

481 - 500 of 558 Posts