Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a sqeak or rattle coming from the rear hatch? When we ride over a rough road or hit a bump, there is a noticeable noise coming from the rear. I can reproduce the noise by holding the hatch open and shaking it a bit. Will definitely take it back to our VW dealer. Hopefully some lubrication or adjustment will take care of this.

ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
No squeak or rattle in our FE rear hatch - If all the mating parts on the hatch are tight, might it be an extra part or piece inside the assembly? - hopefully the dealer will find it.

Proud FE owner
Might be my nav. 馃槈

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed a bit of this going over railroad tracks, so I rotated the two bump stops on corners of the hatch about a half a turn. The power tailgate had no problem latching and I haven't noticed any further rattle.
I did that as well with no results. But when washing the car I noticed that the rear tail light wasn't properly seated. So I pushed it in just above the VW emblem. Problem solved. No rattle or squeak now.

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a gap between the hatch and trim piece?

View attachment 2591
Yes it was wider and seemed loose in the center. When you pushed on the closed hatch there was a squeak which was similar to the sound I could hear in the car over large bumps. When I pushed on the center of the light bar there was a definite snap as though a clip connected into it's spot. Still a gap but not as large and no play.

My ID.4 has a rattle/squeak in the back when going over bumps/rough road, haven't figured out what the source is yet, but will check for the things listed above.

Mine too..Its coming from the seat belt inside the right back seat. Yes,inside the back seat the seat belt is mounted. Not sure how to fix that,but darn its irritating. I dont think its possible to open up the back seat to fix this without breaking it to pieces. Hope I'm wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts