Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Rear Seat Cover Recommendation

10K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  NankatsuFC 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have an ID.4 Pro S that I understand is compatible with the factory seat cover https://www.vwpartswarehouse.com/p/Volkswagen__ID4/Rear-Seat-Cover-with-ID4-Logo/102594482/11A061678041.html.

I've never purchased any Volkswagen brand accessories before, and it looks like the VW dealer nearest to me has it on backorder, so I can't look at it before purchase.

Are VW accessories normally durable? I intend to purchase this to cover my rear seat since I have two messy kids. So, if it doesn't hold up or if it doesn't provide much protection to the seats, then I'm not really interested.

If you would recommend another brand, can you please send a link?

Thank you.

#2 ·
Hello. I have a large Airedale Terrier who travels around with me in the back seat. I purchased a WeatherTech back seat protector made especially for my ID4 Pro S. Took 5 minutes to put it on and it works perfectly. I can remove it and wash it in the washer. It cost me $160 plus tax. I highly recommend it.

#3 ·
I ended up ordering the Leadpro protector from Amazon since it should conform to the shape of the seat and I don't feel like I really need something that is very heavy duty. I do appreciate the suggestion though. If anyone else is interested, the link is below.

#4 ·
I ended up ordering the Leadpro protector from Amazon since it should conform to the shape of the seat and I don't feel like I really need something that is very heavy duty. I do appreciate the suggestion though. If anyone else is interested, the link is below.

Let us know how they fit when they arrive! I've got a ID.4 Pro and had to return the VW accessory rear seat cover because it was designed for the Pro S and it's flip-down section which the Pro doesn't have.

#6 ·

This is what it looks like when I tried installing it. I don't particularly like it, but it does cover the entire seat. The straps that go in the back aren't very good and there's too much slack, so it requires some improvisation to get it to slip over and fasten to the seat.

I'm not particularly comfortable with trying to remove the bench seat from the frame, so if someone else knows how to remove the seat without breaking something. If you are better able to remove the bench seat than I am, then you can probably get the bench cover on better.

The issue with the bench seat combined with difficulty of installation, and how it doesn't fit around the headrests very well gives me little reason to recommend it.

#9 · (Edited)
I wish I had seen this forum before purchasing the OEM seat cover, as I also have a Pro, without a folding tray (the return was easy, I should note).

I then ordered the Weathertech seat protector. Seemingly great quality, but it prohibits the use of the middle seat belt. Maybe this isn't a huge issue for some, but with a child's car seat installed, this limits the back bench to only one seat.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'd like to return the Weathertech if possible, but if there are no other options I suppose I will try to modify it to accept the center belt.

Edit: After closer inspection, the Weathertech seat cover not only blocks the middle belt, but also the other belt buckles without being open wide (since the buckles are recessed). Flaps, like on the VW OEM cover, would be better. I would not recommend unless you don't plan to have passengers in the back seat, though it'd likely be very useful for dogs.

#13 ·
I wish I would've checked on this before ordering. Didn't know it wasn't compatible with the Pros missing center armrest. I had assumed it had a velcro cover over the armrest like the VW seat cover for my Sportwagen. It kinda works, no one is going to fit between these car seats anyway... could probably have someone stitch the center flap onto the larger part of the cover.

Car seat cover Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Window Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover

#17 ·
As an intermediate fix, you could put some Velcro around the hole. I would still recommend that you do sew it shut however. Be sure to use some heavy duty thread or possibly some fishing line to sew it together. You could also use some super glue on the back of the stitches to make a better water seal around that area.

#15 ·
Sorry, I forgot to post a review earlier. Life got in the way. It's probably your best option for a Pro S or First Edition that you are going to find. It has patches that fold over the area for the buckles, but that area and the area around the center fold-down console is not very water proof considering how it fits on the seat. The rest of the cover is pretty water resistant and it definitely helps to protect the seat from general damage. I would recommend it, but it's obviously not perfect and I don't think that a perfect option is possible.

#18 ·
I am glad I found this thread, otherwise I would have ordered the OEM cover that does not fit our Pro. Instead we ordered this cover and it fits quite well, plus allows for
Tent Vehicle Shade Interior design Car
the use of seat belts and the fold down seat:

#20 ·
Link is dead I couldn't check but I have bought one from amazon like two years ago and it got in so bad shape after my dog tried to scratch the sides of the cover where you attach. Then I bought this one from Kurgo like one and a half years ago it's still in perfect shape so I would highly recommend that one. My wife bought this one about a year ago it also serves well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.