Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VW ID.4 FE Dusk Blue
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use the rear washer nozzle, it’s just a straight downward spray with no real misting across the window. Is this expected? I have to use quite a bit of spray to get the wiper blade to spread it around. Can anyone else comment on how theirs works?

·
VW ID.4 FE Dusk Blue
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone want to weigh in? I'll drop it after this, but really curious if it works this way for everyone or just me.

·
79 Posts
I hadn't used mine until today, but I had the same problem. In addition, I don't like how it is so far off to the side!

·
2 Posts
My FE is in the shop to fix my wireless charger. While there I told them to check the rear washer fluid as it never worked (we’ve had the car about a month). I assumed that they just didn’t fill it up before we purchased it. Now they are telling me that the ID.4 doesn’t have rear washer fluid, meaning it is not a feature of the car (even though it has a rear wiper). I tried to withhold laughter.

I assume all of you can verify that it DOES have the rear window washer fluid feature. :)

·
32 Posts
My FE is in the shop to fix my wireless charger. While there I told them to check the rear washer fluid as it never worked (we’ve had the car about a month). I assumed that they just didn’t fill it up before we purchased it. Now they are telling me that the ID.4 doesn’t have rear washer fluid, meaning it is not a feature of the car (even though it has a rear wiper). I tried to withhold laughter.

I assume all of you can verify that it DOES have the rear window washer fluid feature. :)
Your service guy is smoking crack. There is a rear window washer fluid sprayer (more like pisser, but you know what I mean). It gets the fluid from the washer fluid container in the front bay. It took about two to three minutes the first time for the fluid to reach the rear nozzle.

Whatever you do, don't let the fluid run out or you'll have to go through this again. And if you live in a freezing climate, now is a good time to feed in the winter mix washer fluid.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
USA First Edition "Monroney" sticker doesn't specifically list the rear wiper/washer but it is included and the control stalk has the annotations that The EV Guy shows. Maybe that's why some dealers/tech's don't realize it has a washer? Perhaps later builds do have it on the sticky tho'?
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 6.37.45 AM.png

The water spray is offset from center to allow the wiper blade to better spread the solution and thereby clean the glass. Granted not the best sprayer tho'. But then rear hatch sprayers are seldom very good.
And that option is listed on the window sticky
I hadn't used mine until today, but I had the same problem. In addition, I don't like how it is so far off to the side!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts