Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a weird question, but I’m asking because my big dog likes to put her head out the window. Many cars, such as the Model 3, have rear windows that only open about half way - often because the glass would hit the wheel-well if it went any further down. So just wondering if the ID4 windows in the back seat go down all the way. Thanks

·
72 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do not, at least that was the case for the prototype in one of the youtube video reviews.

·
67 Posts
I also believe I saw a video and the rear windows did not go down all the way. Keep in mind that was a prototype.

·
276 Posts
Sorry to hear
It may not be as bad as it sounds. The image below shows the extent that the rear window can be lowered on the ID3 (not ID4) . I haven't come across the video yet that shows it for the ID4, but it's likely similar...at least in approach....so the window should open pretty wide.

Fully Lowered ID3 Window (not ID4 shown here)

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that some of these cars have been delivered I wanted to follow up on this question I asked a few months ago. The answers above weren’t optimistic, but maybe someone like @ID.Furkan can now answer definitively.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
949 Posts
There are a number of threads here describing US "meet & greets" with the vehicle in mid-December and YES the rear windows roll all the way down.

The ID.3 is of course a smaller Euro vehicle and there was/is not enough door width to accommodate same in that case.

Americans wouldn't stand for a family "compact SUV" where the rear windows didn't fully retract and VW USA is well aware. ;)

Now that some of these cars have been delivered I wanted to follow up on this question I asked a few months ago. The answers above weren’t optimistic, but maybe someone like @ID.Furkan can now answer definitively.
Thanks!

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
155 Posts

Thanks!
To answer this:

They do, but to nitpick.. first 3 cm's/1.2 inch is like 5mm/0.2 inch above the "edge"

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great photo. The opening looks very good. I’m glad to see that. Thank you very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts