Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know now that my ID4 really exist. I received the VIN from my dealer.

·
31 Posts
I emailed my sales person when I received notice that it was on the boat and had left the factory. I only did that because of the fine folks on this site that advised that would be possible. :)

·
11 Posts
I emailed my sales person when I received notice that it was on the boat and had left the factory. I only did that because of the fine folks on this site that advised that would be possible. :)
And did you receive it was on the water , or in transit to the dealer?

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
425 Posts
And did you receive it was on the water , or in transit to the dealer?
I am not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to the timing of VINs coming out. I got mine from the dealer right before my status switched to "leaving the factory"...that was 5 weeks ago and not a morsel of information since. I think mine is IN the water!

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At which point did you receive your VIN? When it was shipped to the dealer or before?
On April 1 I received notice from VW that my ID4 had left the factory and was on it way across the Atlantic. Today I got a text from my VW dealer with the VIN.

·
11 Posts
I asked because my car should be here any moment and still today I have not received the VIN #. Just curious

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On April 1 I received notice from VW that my ID4 had left the factory and was on it way across the Atlantic. Today I got a text from my VW dealer with the VIN.
I asked the dealer for the VIN, they did not just send it to me! They also told me they thought they could tell me when it leaves the dock and what ship it is on. We will see.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts