Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My ID.4 was hit by a genius making an illegal left turn last November. Damage was minor (though it took a month to get a spare part for the front left suspension to be fixed). In any case, I've encountered waaaay too much super aggressive and otherwise sketchy driving lately (witnessed two near accidents just this morning). It seems people are really on edge lately. I'd like to install a dashcam, but don't want to have any dangling wires or too much obstruction of the wonderfully simple interior of the ID.4.

Do any folks here have any recommendations for a good dashcam that does not clutter the interior too much? Thanks in advance,

M

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
212 Posts
I'm currently running a Viofo T130 3 Channel; cost about $240, hardwired to a Cellink Neo battery (cost around $220 for refurb/used) pack for parking mode, but some might not need parking mode...

If you're looking for an inexpensive and fairly good video quality, Blueskysea B4K is a decent option. Some are recommending Fitcamx for seemless/integrated looking dash cam as that replaces your plastic trim around the mirror/camera housing.

·
Pro S Gradient RWD White / Black
198 Posts
40-45K car without Sentry mode??? Yeap, that is our car 😁
First thing I did was install a dashcam, too many crazy drivers out there. I hope you get your car fixed asap. May not be the best, I like the FitCamX OEM-look style, but I like my dashcam with the full video display as well, for now. It is attached to my homelink mirror, so kinda a waste of homelink, but I can still use the garage door opener. Looks pretty clean. It can do 3 cameras (the third one is for the passenger side camera installed under the passenger rear view mirror). The third camera is my solution for -almost- around view camera. But I haven't actually installed the third camera yet, requiring disassembly of the door panel for clean wiring, not ready for all that plastic clips challenge yet.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle White Steering part

Mirror Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille

1 - 8 of 8 Posts