Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any definitive word from VW on the difference between the AWD spec ID.4 and the GTX? I find the GTX perplexing because it doesn’t seem to offer any additional performance over the regular AWD model, at least in terms of horsepower/torque/acceleration.

Is it possible they are just going to be badging the AWD model as the GTX or is this for sure a stand alone performance variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
526 Posts
There is a forum sub-section here where we have been showing and discussing all the words from VW:
GTX forum
Short answer: its the Non-US name for the AWD, and it includes a few high end options that were in the RWD max. trim that we don't get in the US yet and some special seat and interior colors and badges.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
21 Posts
Mostly chrome differences. GTX is VW's European branding for AWD. Personally, I'm opting for AWD with the 19s - smaller diameter rims = higher efficiency (not to mention less pinch flats). In fact I'm considering going with balloon tires and 18s at some point (again - in the name of efficiency).

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
21 Posts
I'm not aware of any reviews yet however the specs look good. I expect the AWD version we get here will be the same minus the GTX-specific chrome differences (e.g. wheels, colors, etc.) This means 0-62 mph time of 6.2 seconds and a top speed governed at 112 mph. Not bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts