Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard anyone with a base model Pro move past step 3 yet, but mine just flipped over to step 4. So excited! I told my girlfriend refreshing my status one more time tonight would pay off, even though I just did it 15 minutes ago. 馃槈

Dusk Blue Metallic ID.4 Pro S (Statement) RWD - Step 4/7
Just checked mine and it鈥檚 at step 4 as well! Blue Pro S RWD. Exciting. Another month? 6 weeks?

2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
I haven't heard anyone with a base model Pro move past step 3 yet, but mine just flipped over to step 4. So excited! I told my girlfriend refreshing my status one more time tonight would pay off, even though I just did it 15 minutes ago. 馃槈
My FE has been at step 4 for almost a month now. At this rate you鈥檒l get your Pro before I get my FE! Maybe they鈥檒l be on the same ship. Anyway, great news for you!

Mine order switched Monday this week so maybe we are both in the Cicero ready to embark! Very exciting I鈥檓 hoping mid April delivery as that鈥檚 my birthday and it would be a great present to myself lol

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
My ProS switched last week, not sure if that means different boat or different train to Emden initially. It'll be Fun

ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
My ProS switched last week, not sure if that means different boat or different train to Emden initially. It'll be Fun
My ProS is still stuck at 3/7 and ordered on first day (Grey color). Super interested to see when some of the Pro S arrive.

(How long did it take to go from step 3 to next steps on delivery progress graph? PRO base model order holders only)
My PRO base model is @ step 3 of 6 California delivery

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
(How long did it take to go from step 3 to next steps on delivery progress graph? PRO base model order holders only)
My PRO base model is @ step 3 of 6 California delivery
Our best guess something like this:
  • Step 3 is en route from the factory to Emden. I don't have a good feel for how long this takes, but I presume that this is by rail, and probably only a couple of days.
  • Step 4 is aboard a ship. To get to Houston is I think roughly 24 days or so.
  • Step 5 is unloaded from the ship (in your case, Houston). It might not spend much time in this state.
  • Step 6 is en route from Houston to your dealer. People in the PNW are reporting 5-7 days - you may be a bit less.
  • Step 7 is go time.
I haven't been paying as close attention (a little pre-occupied the past few days;)) , but I would watch the logistics thread for ships that are en route back to Emden from the U.S.

Our best guess something like this:
  • Step 3 is en route from the factory to Emden. I don't have a good feel for how long this takes, but I presume that this is by rail, and probably only a couple of days.
  • Step 4 is aboard a ship. To get to Houston is I think roughly 24 days or so.
  • Step 5 is unloaded from the ship (in your case, Houston). It might not spend much time in this state.
  • Step 6 is en route from Houston to your dealer. People in the PNW are reporting 5-7 days - you may be a bit less.
  • Step 7 is go time.
I haven't been paying as close attention (a little pre-occupied the past few days;)) , but I would watch the logistics thread for ships that are en route back to Emden from the U.S.
Not sure about step 3 since that would mean that the AWDs are already produced. For what we know they are actually delayed until Q4 but are already in step 3.

Premium Member
Not sure about step 3 since that would mean that the AWDs are already produced. For what we know they are actually delayed until Q4 but are already in step 3.
Yeah, you are right. Step 3 is "Order locked". For me it sat there quite a while. So "4" is everything from leaving the factory until it reaches the U.S.

How long did it take to move from step 3 to step 4?

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long did it take to move from step 3 to step 4?
It took me around 2 months. (Jan 14th moved to step 3, March 19th moved to step 4) I imagine the timeline could be shifting now though as production ramps up. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Premium Member
It took me around 2 months. (Jan 14th moved to step 3, March 19th moved to step 4) I imagine the timeline could be shifting now though as production ramps up. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Not only that, but VW was determined to have a global rollout in mid-March, and the early cars needed software updates that delayed things when the cars were in port. So perhaps the real answer is that we don't have a lot of guidance to offer as to how long it should take to move from one step to the next.

How many days was it from step 3 to 4?, when did you place your order, what state are you in. I assume you ordered a Pro base model

My FE has been at step 4 for almost a month now. At this rate you鈥檒l get your Pro before I get my FE! Maybe they鈥檒l be on the same ship. Anyway, great news for you!
My FE has also been on step 4 for over a month. How did you refresh your status. I thought whenever you logged on it automatically refreshed

When did you originally place your iD order?
Is your dealer giving you any kind of ETA?
(Arg if I don't get Pro by 6/7 I lose Out on a $ incentive)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts