Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Reservation Fee and Deposit applied to purchase?

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  JPWhite 
#1 ·
For those of you who purchased an ID.4 already. Did the reservation and deposit get applied towards the purchase of your ID.4 or do VW simply send that back after you complete the purchase?

#6 ·
When I was going over the final lease contract, I noticed that the $500 hadn't been applied. Instead of redoing all the paperwork, my local dealer just cut me a check for the $500. Always good to read through the numbers before you sign. It was a simple oversight.

Reactions: Tinman
#8 ·
First, It was the finance guy at the Mazda dealership owned by the same group. So he wasn’t as aware of the situation.

It was legit and frankly the dealership honored all my requests.

#12 ·
I'd entered "dialing for dollars mode" calling every dealer in an expanding radius for the disappearing 1st Edition Blue; when I found one, I texted or emailed each to let them know I'd found it. The dealer I started with on the VW site sent a congrats response, same as the rest. A couple weeks later I remembered to go looking for my deposit: they'd refunded my card in full the day I'd notified them I was no longer looking.

#13 ·
Did the $500 deposit reduce your retail selling price (prior to taxation) or was it loaded onto the bottom line after TTL/Fees were assessed?

(My car is on the carrier to the dealership and I am starting the fun back and forth with the Sales Manager as to what this thing will ultimately cost :) )

#14 ·
The $500 is simply the same as you putting down earnest money down. In fact that's what it is. It comes off the bottom line after all other calculations. Its a form of payment that's all.

#16 ·
Some dealers are unscrupulous. Buyer beware when purchasing a vehicle. My cousin was buying an Escalade a few years ago for the dealers "Smart price" which included all taxes and fees. When it was time to sign the financing paperwork, he noticed sales tax was added. When he inquired about this they told him the secretary made a mistake, and they redid the paperwork. How many people fall for this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.