I had ordered my id4 awd with a gradient package a few months back and had been eagerly awaiting for it. The order is in status 15-1 right not. Today I got a call from my dealership saying that they had the exact model I had requested available as the buyer has canceled the order. In my excitement of getting the vehicle I went to the dealership to get it (ended up purchasing it as well). Long story short though the dealer marked up the price by 2k as I was getting the vehicle “early” and I ended up paying for 1k worth of some nonsense paint protection that I really didn’t want as it was already applied to the car. Is there anything I can do to get the 3k additional back… ideally I think that particular car should have been reassigned to me( after reading how shipments are working on this forum) are the very least I want to report the dealer for this. Happy about the car itself though this whole experience left a sour taste
Don't beat yourself up over this. I ordered my ID4 online thinking that I would definitely have it before the end of 2021. Ha! From what I was reading and learning, delivery was closer to, um, unknown. Well, I needed the income tax credit to fall within this year and was heavily stressed out. I also had a 14-year-old Audi to replace before it cost me several thousand in repairs, as it did in January of 2021.
I had to call 5 dealerships to test drive the vehicle, the first four had none. The dealership where I test-drove the ID4 called me about a week later saying that they had one ID4, count them - one, for sale. I definitely wanted it! When it came time to sign the paperwork, they wanted to mark it up $4,000, saying that every dealership was marking them up and it would take a year to order it online if I wanted to pay MSRP. I talked him down to under $3,000 on the markup but did pay an additional $650 for the roadside assistance kit with the mats and a upgraded rear-view mirror.
I read all these posts on this board about not paying a dollar over MSRP. That will work if you want to walk away, or wait until the dealership has some sitting on the lot.
I needed a replacement, I had a healthy investment gain to shelter with the tax credit, and I wanted it. Period.
The same thing happened with my brand-new Audi years ago.
The way I see it, if you want to screw a dealership, keep your cars at least ten years or until the wheels fall off. Don't lease or finance with them.
I've had my ID4 for a month now and loooove it! Happy driving! 🚙