Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get older, safety features, including pedestrian detection and blind spot monitoring, are becoming more of a priority for me. Every pedestrian out at night in my walkable neighborhood seems to wear black clothing, but that's a topic for a different conversation. I've seen the list of safety features for the ID.4, but I haven't bought a new car since 2012, so I'm a bit out of touch. And I know that IIHS and Consumer Reports rate headlamps, but it'll be a while before they rate the ID.4. How do the ID.4's safety features compare with those of other EV and ICE compact crossovers/SUVs? And how good is visibility looking out all directions from the driver's seat?

·
682 Posts
I saw one review where they sang praises of the view from inside, but also commented that the "A" pillar was a little large and blocked some view, but not enough to be concerned. They said view out the back was good, although I am concerned about the "C" pillar. I have a stiff neck and it is hard to turn to see and the "C" pillar on my JSW blocks my view a bit.
How much you can see out the back with the rear view mirrors and how much view is blocked by the "C" pillar will be one of the deciding factors for me for the ID.4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts