Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s at least four of us with ID.4 reservations in the San Diego area so thought it’d be good to share.

My reservation is at
Mission Bay Volkswagen
1st edition White
Ordered 9/23 at 10:18PST
Currently step 5

What about you? I know there are others with reservations at Kearny Mesa and Herman Cook

·
ID4 1st Edition
96 Posts
Step 5 here. Kearny Mesa VW. I'm a bit concerned that they are not yet certified for the 1500 clean fuel reward. Mission bay and Herman cook are already certified.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
Which SDG&E pricing plan do you all recommend? I’ve been on the EVTOU2 plan for a couple years now with my plug-in hybrid Honda Clarity (no solar). I can’t make heads or tails of the other pricing plans, but it seems like I should assess whether a new plan will be more cost effective with the ID4.

·
ID4 1st Edition
96 Posts
Check out the EVTOU5 plan. The super off peak rate is about 9c/kwh. Super Off-Peak hours are midnight to 6 am weekdays, and midnight to 2 pm on weekends and holidays. There is a $16 monthly fixed charge for the plan, but I think it's worth it.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which SDG&E pricing plan do you all recommend? I’ve been on the EVTOU2 plan for a couple years now with my plug-in hybrid Honda Clarity (no solar). I can’t make heads or tails of the other pricing plans, but it seems like I should assess whether a new plan will be more cost effective with the ID4.
I’m on EVTOU5

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
Check out the EVTOU5 plan. The super off peak rate is about 9c/kwh. Super Off-Peak hours are midnight to 6 am weekdays, and midnight to 2 pm on weekends and holidays. There is a $16 monthly fixed charge for the plan, but I think it's worth it.
I just ran the numbers for summer and winter. I can save 14% in summer and 20% in winter by switching to EVTOU5. I’m enrolling now. Thanks!

·
7 Posts
Hey fellow San Diegans! I'm reserved for a 1st edition, blue at Herman Cook. Originally was the pro, then switched in January when the second round of FE we're made available. I'm still on step 3.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anyone in san diego wants a 1st edition, glacier white, let me know. We MAY be delaying to get the AWD Pro in the summer. Not for sure, but maybe. We are on step 5/7 btw :)

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What brought you to that decision?
we wanted AWD in the end... and now the AWD is delayed to fall so we’re not getting an id4 at all (leasing a Q5e instead). Probably a better decision. I have an egolf abd love it for what it is but I can’t imagine having only an ev outside of a Tesla right now. 250 miles of range isn’t really enough for a road trip to the places we go (mammoth, Utah) because the cold and mountainous terrain will eat the batteries. Electrify America also kinda sucks and isn’t reliable enough where I’d want to be reliant On it for long trips. With the Q5e we’re paying half all in what we would on a 3 year lease vs the id4 AWD on a 5 year financing deal (yes, including the tax credit). In 3 years we can see a much more evolved marketplace of EV and something with 350+ miles of range and AWD. Tesla model y didn’t impress us with the build quality and crazy wind noise.

·
ID4 1st Edition
96 Posts
Called up kearny mesa vw. They confirmed the car should arrive the first week of April or earlier. They have the VIN assigned as well. We will get a chance to test drive the car before confirming the purchase. They are still working on getting certified for the clean fuel reward and hope to have it by the time the cars arrive.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts