Volkswagen ID Forum banner
181 - 200 of 228 Posts

·
843 Posts
Had my Moonstone Grey id4 Pro since September 1. If you are in a hurry you can buy used and when they hand you the keys out
in the lot and say, “No free charging btw.” You say no way and they will give you someone else’s id4 right off the truck. I had not planned it, but after 3.5 hours of signing paperwork for the used Pro S I wasn’t about to go home empty handed! Please don’t do that.

·
Glacier White AWD Pro S Gradient
197 Posts
Picked up my Pro S AWD last night from Cook in Encinitas. Only 30 miles so I'm still learning how it drives, and so on. But I did learn that VW has put wheel specific TPMS sensors on the ID.4, because this morning I had a low pressure warning on my right rear. Just my freakin' luck, I picked up some object and had a slow leak. 😭 I texted JoJo at Cook and she told me to come right in. Eric, the service manager, had it up on a lift within 5 minutes of my arrival. Sure enough, small puncture. Now, who knows where it happened. But, without me even asking he offered me a new tire, free of charge. I was just hoping it could be repaired.

Sure, I had my frustrations during this whole process, but these are the things that keep you satisfied. Probably didn't cost them much, if anything, But it saved me $250-$300. So, thanks to Cameron, Eric, and JoJo

·
202 Posts
It's been a while since anyone posted on this topic, and now that we're into 2022, I'm wondering if anyone has comments about the dealers in San Diego. I placed an order last month and selected Kearny Mesa VW because it's convenient. Anyone deal with them lately? Or maybe Herman Cook? Dealer markups?

·
197 Posts
I've been happy with Herman Cook. No dealer markup when I took delivery in December. The only issue that I have with my ID.4 is that the comms module that handles the cell connection needs to be replaced. It's been on order for about a month. They have gotten a shipping notice, so it should be here soon. During this process the service manager, Eric, has been very helpful. He's reached out to me regularly, giving status updates, etc.

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
1,344 Posts
I bought mine at Kearny Mesa VW at MSRP back in April 2021. The sales guy was very easy and friendly, just had to sit through the spiel in the finance dept. (I paid cash). In and out in under 2h. 60-day checkup was also easy.

·
202 Posts
I am waiting on delivery at KM. I just learned about this rebate program that they apparently do not participate in, though the amount is nominal. I just picked them because they were close.
Hmmm... KM is listed on the Clean Fuel Reward website. They don't seem to participate in the Clean Fuel Assistance Program, but the program has been out of funds for more than 8 months, so maybe it's a moot point.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts

·
197 Posts
Hmmm... KM is listed on the Clean Fuel Reward website. They don't seem to participate in the Clean Fuel Assistance Program, but the program has been out of funds for more than 8 months, so maybe it's a moot point.
I got $750 in December. I don't think it's out of funds.

·
202 Posts
I got $750 in December. I don't think it's out of funds.
Sorry, I meant the Clean Fuel Assistance Program is out of funds. It's the program that is income-based.

·
197 Posts
Sorry, I meant the Clean Fuel Assistance Program is out of funds. It's the program that is income-based.
Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion.

·
148 Posts
I got my FE from Herman Cook and the deal was exactly as expected, and the finance room was really fast, as I had my loan in place in advance, and he didn't try to up-sell me anything. Service experience so far has been excellent.

I happened to drive by Bob Baker VW in Carlsbad today -and it's no longer there. I hated them, so I'm curious -Did they lose the franchise because they were so awful? Did they go out of business? Or did they just split off from Subaru and move to a new location?

·
197 Posts
Following up on my comms issue and Herman Cook VW. The part finally arrived from Germany on Wednesday. I dropped of my car that night. The next morning the new module was installed. I had to bring my second key to the dealer because they had to pair the keys to the new module. There was a little delay as the tech struggled with a new tool release from VW, but eventually the keys were paired and I was good to go. My car can now talk to Car-Net (for what that's worth), and I no longer get an error every time I start the car. This never prevented me from driving the car, or caused me much grief. It was just something that needed to be fixed. Eric at Cook took great care of me. In fact, he got me a nice gift ($) as some small compensation for my troubles. I told him that was unnecessary, but very appreciated.

I have bought quite a few cars at Cook. I will certainly keep them in mind for my next purchase. My Wife is going to need a new car soon. She is currently driving a 2014 Q5 TDI.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
We went to the Safari Park today, and when we returned to our blue FE, a black FE was parked right next to it. Outside of Electrify America such close encounters are still extremely rare. In fact, this was the first black ID4 I have seen up close. Looks great! I had almost ended up with black because by the time I reserved mine around 4pm PDT on the day reservations opened, the blue FEs were spoken for. Help from customer service got me into a blue one a month later. I now know I could have lived with black.

I actually didn’t notice the other ID4 at first, I was deep into my own thoughts, until I caught the telltale wheels in my peripheral vision, and then also noticed the white steering wheel and screen.

So if the driver of the black FE is also on the forum: Thanks for punctuating my day with a nice surprise! If the owner is not here, it was great anyway. 😊

·
148 Posts
I had only seen three ID.4s in the wild until yesterday. I was on the freeway in Temecula, and a white ID.4 identical to mine merged in behind me and stayed behind me through the exit and first couple of turns. While we were at a light at the offramp a driver pulled up next to me and signaled for me to lower my window so he could ask me about the car -said his wife wanted it to be their next car. I think the vehicle is finally entering the public consciousness.

·
202 Posts
I think I've seen three ID.4s in the wild in central San Diego. Twice at the local Electrify America location. It's a good place to spot new EVs, like one IONIQ 5 and one Polestar 2 - helps me gauge the size differences between the cars.

181 - 200 of 228 Posts