Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really cool @Wimbledon! What were your impressions of the ID.4?
My first impression is that the ID.4 looks smaller than the Model Y in person. I'd like to see each side-by-side to compare.

The black color may also have made the ID.4 look smaller. I was not a fan of black on the ID.4 personally. In my opinion a lighter color like silver or white is preferable.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
228 Posts
Funny how many of the prototypes in the wild have "accented" door handles.

·
61 Posts
My first impression is that the ID.4 looks smaller than the Model Y in person. I'd like to see each side-by-side to compare.

The black color may also have made the ID.4 look smaller. I was not a fan of black on the ID.4 personally. In my opinion a lighter color like silver or white is preferable.
Here is an article that compares the size of the two:

The ID.4 is about 6 inches shorter but appears to be mostly in the hood and trunk extension with the cabin compartment almost identical for the two vehicles.

·
138 Posts
@Wimbledon how did the ID.4's design come off to you compared to the other cars around? Does it stand out? Or blend right in to the crowd?

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
105 Posts
Somewhat related: A few days ago there were current-larger and former-smaller Tiguan's sitting side by side in a parking lot. I was able to pull in next to them in my MQB-based TTS and align my front bumper. I was pleased by that 'guesstimate' that the ID.4 will be 'not too big, not too small, just right' for me. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts